The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Good Things (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6630)

wolf 08-25-2004 05:22 PM

Good Things

Please feel free to contribute at will. I started this list in another context and thought that it would be cool to post it here and see what others come up with.

Don't worry. I won't be asking anyone to get into a circle and sing Kum Bah Yah anytime soon.
  • Cigarettes that are sold buy one get one free.
  • When the sun comes through the clouds "just so" and it looks like the gods are touching the earth.
  • A field full of sunflowers. Or any other flowers that are bright yellow. I'm fond of blackeyed susans myself.
  • Children's laughter. (go to a playground for about 20 minutes if you don't have this sound available to you nearby.)
  • Bonfires on a cold night.
  • Friends that you can be comfortable around without having to worry about what other agenda they are serving by knowing you.
  • The movie Airplane.
  • A cold coke on a hot day.
  • Watching wildlife ... whether it's a hawk circling in the sky or a squirrel raiding your birdfeeder. Pay attention to the lessons they offer you.
  • Playing a musical instrument with enthusiasm, even without skill if you derive pleasure from it.
  • cellar.org (most of the time. take the good stuff personally, know the bad stuff is coming from idiots that if you met them in real you wouldn't piss on to put them out if they were on fire.)
  • Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
  • Preseason football
  • Regular Season Football
  • Super Bowl Commercials (The football in the Super Bowl is rarely of good quality)
  • Catching fireflies
  • Catching the scent of flowers on the wind that you know you don't have in your backyard.
  • Catching the timing of green traffic lights just right.
  • Driving into the country without anywhere in particular to go and no time in particular that you have to get there, or home.
  • Flying a kite.
  • Watching someone other than yourself be embarrased by the proprietary birthday song and being presented with a slice of complimentary ice cream cake roll at a major chain sitdown restaurant.
  • Sleeping late.
  • Staying up all night to watch the sun rise over a really good landscape.
  • Rolling down a gently sloping hill sideways, just like you did as a kid.
  • Making snow angels.
  • Finishing an adventure video game.
  • Playing Candyland with a child.
  • Eating a pizza with toppings that nobody else you know likes but you love, even if you won't order it often because your friends think you're wierd.
  • Paint-by-Number or any other craft kit for children, including Doodle Art coloring Posters. If you go Doodle Art, get a set of high quality markers, or better still artist quality colored pencils (Berols or better), rather than using the set of 8 inadequate dry ones that come in the set.

Clodfobble 08-25-2004 05:28 PM

Finishing a crocheted blanket and giving it to a child whom you know will genuinely love it.

Getting exercise in a manner that also happens to be productive, such as moving, mowing the lawn, or disassembling a deck (which I did this afternoon.)

Adults going back to school.

wolf 08-25-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Finishing a crocheted blanket and giving it to a child whom you know will genuinely love it.

OOoooh. I love that one. One of my friend's daughters still goes to bed with the blanket I crocheted her as a birthing gift.

lookout123 08-25-2004 05:41 PM

knowing that you have friends who have been true friends since before you can remember. there is nothing like a common history.

Trilby 08-25-2004 05:50 PM

Making a really good macaroni and cheese casserole for your sister.
Real-brewed iced-tea with lots of ice.
Getting a PM that doesn't cuss you out
red hair
a new book

Happy Monkey 08-25-2004 06:10 PM

IBC Cream Soda

lookout123 08-25-2004 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
IBC Cream Soda

mmmm, forbidden cream soda... doh!

Troubleshooter 08-25-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
mmmm, forbidden cream soda... doh!

Were you Vlad Dracul in a past life or something?

lookout123 08-25-2004 07:34 PM

nope, just another dumb homer simpson fan. "mmm, forbidden donut. DOH!"

Troubleshooter 08-25-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
nope, just another dumb homer simpson fan. "mmm, forbidden donut. DOH!"

Ah, damn, been a while without TV (two and a half years).

Happy Monkey 08-25-2004 08:19 PM

No TV and no beer make Homer something something.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!!!

lookout123 08-25-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
No TV and no beer make Homer something something.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!!!

that is one of the greatest ever!

dar512 08-25-2004 09:10 PM

Coming home from work and having your whole family greet you at the door (including the dog - who is wagging her tail so hard it's about to fly off her butt).

dar512 08-25-2004 09:11 PM

Thought of another one. Waking up to the smell of bacon and coffee on a Saturday morning.

Edited for better phrasing.

garnet 08-25-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512
Coming home from work and having your whole family greet you at the door

Coming home and NOT having your family there to greet you...ahhhhh freedom! :thumbsup: