The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Insanity! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26293)

Sundae 01-19-2012 12:15 PM

Started a workout with Mum last night.
Over 50s DVD.
We got through the warm-up and gave up.

We're doing it EVERY night this week though.
And will then go onto warm-up + aerobic 3x a week.
It is shameful, but I do need to work up to it.

I do walk 2 miles a day, 5 days a week (my lame attempt to make my poor health state sound marginally better).

Lola Bunny 01-20-2012 10:57 PM

Foot3: How you managed to keep the shadow? Super cool!

Sundae: There's no shame in the need to work up something slowly. The important thing is you continuously work at it. You'll get there eventually. ;)

monster 01-21-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 789178)
I do walk 2 miles a day, 5 days a week (my lame attempt to make my poor health state sound marginally better).

Try doing it a little more briskly each day. Time yourself. You'll be amazed at what a difference it can make to your fitness level. Try to shave a minute off your time each week -or something like that.

Sundae 01-21-2012 07:32 AM

The one thing I can be proud of (in a small way) is my walking.
I walk at the fastest pace possible, have done for years.

I've focused on it this week though.
And it seems easier than ever. No way the stretching could be responsible in such a short time, but it felt good.

Started on the aerobic session today. Mum had to bow out.
Fair enough, we're starting again tomorrow and she is willing to try to get further.
The reason I talked her into this Over 50's DVD was because she wanted to start pilates via a daily newspaper article. She would have given up after the first session. We have done four now.

monster 01-21-2012 07:39 AM

I bet faster is possible...... :)

.....I mean that as in I still bet you could go faster, not necessarily that anyone else could

You could add weights.... there are always ways to tweak what you're already doing.

classicman 01-21-2012 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
try these ... They made a HUGE difference for me.
They wrap around you ankles and are adjustable.

Sundae 01-21-2012 03:10 PM

Monster, you're right.
If I walked at the fastest pace possible, it would make me a world record holder :)

You and Classic suggest ways in which I could make my daily routine more effective. I get that.

But Classic, I don't need to add more weight in order to get my heart and lungs working.
I am hauling around 250lb to start with.

classicman 01-21-2012 03:20 PM

Those weights specifically work you legs big time.
Just a thought.

monster 01-21-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 789727)
Monster, you're right.
If I walked at the fastest pace possible, it would make me a world record holder :)

You and Classic suggest ways in which I could make my daily routine more effective. I get that.

But Classic, I don't need to add more weight in order to get my heart and lungs working.
I am hauling around 250lb to start with.

Your heart and lungs adapt to what to you do regularly, so you need to keep ramping it up if you wish to get fitter and/or lose weight. Also, you need to build muscle -it helps increase metabolism. yes, muscle is heavier than fat, but you'll lose more fat than you'll build muscle, and your body will take on a better shape so you'll feel good and it will be easier to exercise so you'll do it more...... etc.

monster 01-21-2012 06:52 PM

...and you should probably try the Pilates your mom found alongside your aerobic thingie. Variety is good and it might be a brownie point in your relationship ;)

Lola Bunny 02-06-2012 11:16 AM

You guys probably thought I gave up on the program, didn't you? I DID NOT! Hehe....I had a temporary interruption because of Vietnamese New Year, but I am back on it. I have two weeks left. Then, I will provide a fit test result (ugh, don't know how well I will be because I took a break) and an "after" picture. I should've done so right before New Year, so I wouldn't have to work so hard now. :( Anyways, just updating. :D

xoxoxoBruce 02-07-2012 12:49 AM

It's OK Lola, I told my Doctor I was bad over the Holidays. His response, that's what they're for .;)

Lola Bunny 02-07-2012 10:44 AM

Hehehe.....and how long can they last? Can I claim Valentine's Day is coming so I have the right to eat as much chocolates as I want? :D

xoxoxoBruce 02-08-2012 01:40 AM

Sure, and if you look here you can find a lot to celebrate. That's just the tip of the iceberg too, click on each month for loads more.

Lola Bunny 02-10-2012 05:47 PM

Wow....so many excuses I could use. Hehe....But I want walk out the door with a strut of confidence, not roll. :lol: No chocolates for me though. I'll buy some after I take my "After" pictures. :D However, I am getting some cake bites from Baskin Robbins. My sister felt sorry for me because I've been wanting some since before Christmas. :D