The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you a tad apprehensive today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23666)

monster 10-03-2010 08:58 AM

What's making you a tad apprehensive today?

Hector's first hockey game in goal. That's what's making me apprehensive.

He's put so much work into becoming a goalie. What if it goes badly and he hates it or the other players are shitty to him? What if he really isn't any good but doesn't want to stop.... what if... what if. I know it will all be fine, I'm sure it will, and if it isn't we have time to work on it and the team has resources.... but my mama bear streak is kicking in......

(notice I'm not worried about him being injured -despite my other son injuring his own goalie in practice this morning...... :rolleyes:)

I'm rarely nervous for my kids -Thor's been in goal a squillion times, but somehow, because he's starting so late and because he's invested so much into it, this one is getting to me. Wibble.

DanaC 10-03-2010 09:03 AM

Awww. Heavy stakes indeed, Monnie. I'm sure he'll do great though :P

What's making me a tad apprehensive today...one of my best friends got pulled over last night, whilst driving to his mate's house. Apparently, last week the car's number plates had been stolen. Though they had replaced them within a day, those number plates had obviously been flagged up as a concern on the police system. Unfortunately, his insurance had lapsed by a couple of days and his partner's insurance didn't cover him...so they impounded his car.

Which, would not be making me apprehensive were it not for the fact that he had a rather large bag of something lovely and green tucked under his seat.

So...here's hoping nobody goes looking inside the car...

monster 10-03-2010 09:10 AM

oooh, not good....

(and I'm really not a huge fan of "Monnie" as a moniker if it's all the same to you.... doesn't make me apprehensive, though :lol:)

footfootfoot 10-03-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 686262)
Awww. Heavy stakes indeed, Monnie. I'm sure he'll do great though :P

What's making me a tad apprehensive today...one of my best friends got pulled over last night, whilst driving to his mate's house. Apparently, last week the car's number plates had been stolen. Though they had replaced them within a day, those number plates had obviously been flagged up as a concern on the police system. Unfortunately, his insurance had lapsed by a couple of days and his partner's insurance didn't cover him...so they impounded his car.

Which, would not be making me apprehensive were it not for the fact that he had a rather large bag of something lovely and green tucked under his seat.

So...here's hoping nobody goes looking inside the car...

That sucks. When I hear stories like that (has happened to a former flat mate of mine) there is a part of me that wonders if subconsciously they want to get caught. If I had called Motor Vehicle or the cops about ANYTHING pertaining to my car, it would be a month of Sundays before I carried anything in it. And that's just to avoid time spent in traffic court, I can't imagine if the stakes were higher.

If they don't search your pal's car, then ask him to pick out some lottery numbers because he is Mr. Lucky.:(

xoxoxoBruce 10-03-2010 11:14 AM

Monnie, pronounced money, is in itself, not a monster.

And monster, is certainly not money. :haha:

zippyt 10-03-2010 11:19 AM

Mon(nie) ,
Hector will be Fine , expect Good time and bad , this is Life

Dana ,
If they havent found it by Now , I suggest yer friend be calm cool , take care of Biz ( get his ins and the such UP to DATE !!!) , go pay his fines , get his Car ,
Go Home and Burn a BIG ONE !! Oh and Have a tale to tell !!!

monster 10-03-2010 07:07 PM

He's alive! They drew! He made some great saves, let 5 in, they let 4 in so Hector was pulled at 1:30 remaining. We equalized. they called 5 minutes overtime. No further score. then a penatly shoot-out. the Zam shooed them off while it was still a tie. and yes, this was a "friendly" scrimmage. Nail-biting.

I called him Hector, Hector, goal protector. Deflector might be better, but apparently the team has nicknamed him Hector the Rejector. :lol:

monster 10-03-2010 07:11 PM

This was a make-or-break for him to be accepted as "part of the team" -or at least that's how I was viiewing it. First impressions count -particularly at this age, so if he'd fluffed, the other players perception would have been of him being a bad goalie and that's hard to recover from. Sure, every goalie will have crappy games, you just need the first game not to be one of those it wasn't awesome either -one of the goals he let in was because he fell over. but it was OK and they didn't lose and he made some really good saves, so he showed he's got some game.

proud mama

glatt 10-03-2010 07:16 PM

excellent!

monster 10-03-2010 07:26 PM

srsly. /morebeerplease

classicman 10-03-2010 07:48 PM

Thats great monster. Way to go Hector.

Oh and I like the kids name better too - The Rejector.

limey 10-04-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 686323)
srsly. /morebeerplease

:guinness:

Griff 10-04-2010 05:35 AM

Bravo Hector!

casimendocina 10-06-2010 08:37 AM

Champion!!!!!!! When's the next game?

monster 10-06-2010 08:08 PM

Tomorrow. Then Friday. ....