The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   January 29, 2008: Cheeseburger in a can (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16518)

Undertoad 01-30-2008 12:52 AM

January 29, 2008: Cheeseburger in a can

http://cellar.org/2008/cbinacan.jpg

Via our old IotD haunt Spluch comes this item... an item most foul. now this is obviously a product photo, and thus barely qualifies for IotD but... uh... it's a cheeseburger in a can.

Now take your eyes off the nice plump ordinary cheeseburger in the front of this image.. and look at the can. And consider what, exactly, might be in there. What it might look like. What it might smell like. How long it can last, and why.

Yes. A new low, of sorts, has been achieved here.

fredsonic 01-30-2008 02:41 AM

Ahh yes... I remember as a boy in the Scouts being fed a miserable device called a "Westlers" burger. These came in a can withno bread bun. And come to think of it, no meat! The firm had illegal vendors carts in Newcastle. When the Police used to turn up, the operatives used to run away & hide. The only people who ate them were drunk.

Gravdigr 01-30-2008 04:08 AM

I'm always surprised by the things people eat/buy in other countries. I would expect that nowhere in the U.S. could you buy cheeseburgers in a can. Actually it doesn't look too bad, but, like the man said, obviously a promotional photo. No telling what they really look like. It reminds of a phrase my buddy used to describe me the morning after a hard night out. He said I looked like a can of smashed assholes. And that was from a friend...

xoxoxoBruce 01-30-2008 05:40 AM

Probably better than chewing pine cones and sucking a wet mitten.

Sundae 01-30-2008 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 428340)
I'm always surprised by the things people eat/buy in other countries. I would expect that nowhere in the U.S. could you buy cheeseburgers in a can.

Cheeseburger in a can is indeed grim (as are Westlers tinned hamburgers, as I can attest).
But you guys have Cheez Whiz for goodness sake. And Easy Cheese. Like normal cheese is too tricky for Americans?

ZenGum 01-30-2008 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trekking Mahlzeiten is a subsidiary of Katadyn, who are famous for hiking gear, especially water filtration equipment.

T.M. also make a powdered wine to go with your canned cheeseburger.

Attachment 16664

And a powdered chocolate mousse for dessert.

I expect the cheeseburger would taste like rubber, and I cannot believe that it has lettuce on it - the picture on the can doesn't show this and I can't see how it would survive the canning process.
They have, nevertheless, answered a very important question:

Yez. You can haz cheezeburger. Anywhere.

Spexxvet 01-30-2008 08:27 AM

I'll bet White Castle burgers come in a can.

Chocolatl 01-30-2008 08:37 AM

I can't imagine how the lettuce and tomato on this thing would taste/feel. Burgers get gooey after sitting around for more than a few minutes -- and this thing exists for weeks at a time inside a can?

Looking at the can itself, I find the choice of packaging to be amusing. Peaceful, coastal landscape to evoke tasty cheeseburger... as if beef came from the sea.

gmr2048 01-30-2008 10:48 AM

Where's that "Buy it now" button when you really need it?

Shawnee123 01-30-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 428373)
Looking at the can itself, I find the choice of packaging to be amusing. Peaceful, coastal landscape to evoke tasty cheeseburger... as if beef came from the sea.

Ask any Bovine you happen to see
What's the best burger?
Ground Beef of the Sea

Flint 01-30-2008 11:01 AM

The real question is: when is somebody going to order one of these things, and post a video on YouTube of themselves eating it?

You could be the first! Imagine the instant fame and celebrity you could achieve! Act now, strike while the iron is hot! Do it now!

jinx 01-30-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

I can't imagine how the lettuce and tomato on this thing would taste/feel.

I really doubt the lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions are in the can. I bet its a *serving suggestion.

xoxoxoBruce 01-30-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Looks like a mountain lake to me.

Flint 01-30-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 428453)
Looks like a mountain lake to me.

Right, these are freshwater cows.

Shawnee123 01-30-2008 11:12 AM

teehee :p