The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Random Parenting Moments (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33713)

monster 09-06-2018 07:10 PM

Random Parenting Moments

I couldn't find a thread that seemed right so.....

Beest would have been so happy and excited that one of the sprogs is starting to play Dungeons and Dragons. And he would have laughed his arse off at which one....... neither of us would have predicted this.

Of course, first thing she did was buy a set or two of pretty dice ;) Our online conversation went something like this.....

well when I find Daddy's dice you can use those if you like, that might be nice
oh yes I'd like that
but in the meanwhile you can borrow mine if you want. In fact you can keep the turquoise ones.... and a few other spares I have that will make you a full set. Or you could just get some online, they're not too expensive. You could go to local game store to get some, but way cheaper online and much more choice. Look here's a nice turquoise swirly set for $X.
Those are nice
...or there's this kind of thing. Or this. All of these sets have the 7 dice you need really.
Oops i just bought those turquoise ones, they're so pretty. :D
I wonder if you can get tiny dice, seeing as you like tiny things. Then you'll have nice tiny things even if you decide you don't like D&D. Oh look, yes you can, here are some just like the ones I showed you before, only tiny. ......Oh, you bought some already? OK Nevermind...
oops, just bought the mini ones too, they're so cute

I hope she checks for traps before she opens the packages

:lol:

lumberjim 09-06-2018 07:33 PM

i'm not sure she knows how oops works

monster 09-06-2018 08:38 PM

There should be condoms for "Check Out Now" buttons to avoid such oopses?

Clodfobble 09-06-2018 10:09 PM

That's awesome! Does she have a crew to play with at school?

monster 09-06-2018 10:16 PM

She has a friend group who have game nights and one of them has decided the non-initiates are ready to move away from boards and cards.... said individual is a grad student. Strangely enough the gaming group beest introduced me to was also led by graduates grasping at the few remaining wisps of not real adult life.... ;)

monster 09-06-2018 10:16 PM

(I was so shit at it, it was painful, but I liked the dice :) )

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2018 01:25 AM

That's hell of a lot better than, Got go Mom, talk to you sometime ...later... maybe.

BigV 09-08-2018 10:58 AM

Random parenting moment #45

SonofV texted me very late last night saying that he FUCKING loves me and that he's SUPER DRUNK.

I para-spell to preserve the anonymity of his textthumbs endrunkenicity.

I was touched. :sniff::)

monster 09-08-2018 11:53 AM

you're his best pal :)

(and he didn't follow up with "also I'm at the police station and I need to to fetch me and post bail")

Clodfobble 09-08-2018 02:49 PM

Aww.

xoxoxoBruce 09-08-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1014639)
you're his best pal :)

(and he didn't follow up with "also I'm at the police station and I need to to fetch me and post bail")

Right, the bail request often follows such outpouring of affection. :haha:

monster 09-08-2018 10:22 PM

well it used to from my mother, although it was the cops who mentioned the last bit.....

Gravdigr 09-11-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1014637)
Random parenting moment #45

SonofV texted me very late last night saying that he FUCKING loves me and that he's SUPER DRUNK.

I para-spell to preserve the anonymity of his textthumbs endrunkenicity.

I was touched. :sniff::)

:devil:Ya done something right with that boy dintcha?

Gravdigr 09-11-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1014567)
Beest would have been so happy and excited that one of the sprogs is starting to play Dungeons and Dragons. And he would have laughed his arse off at which one...

:devil: Go, go Girlchild!

Gravdigr 09-11-2018 05:15 PM

It's nothing short of a miracle that a game that's not played on a screen has survived this long.