The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm confused (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33740)

Griff 09-17-2018 06:23 AM

I'm confused

Is Kavanaugh a metaphor for what we go back to if Kavanaugh is confirmed?

xoxoxoBruce 09-17-2018 07:46 AM

Oh thanks, now I'm confused too.:o

henry quirk 09-17-2018 08:22 AM

if Kav is confirmed everything stays the same

Mebbe the commies don't take over so quickly, but, other than that, nuthin' changes.

xoxoxoBruce 09-17-2018 10:21 AM

Right, if Kavanaugh is confirmed everything stays fucked up.

henry quirk 09-17-2018 12:00 PM

better the status quo than the absolute hell of commies in control

:neutral:

Mountain Mule 09-17-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 1015335)
:neutral:

Better tell that to the Repug Congress and their fearful leader. :eyebrow:

sexobon 09-23-2018 10:37 PM

Kavanaugh

The most controversial sound I ever heard:
Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh
All the controversial sounds of the words
In a single word:
Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh

Kavanaugh!
I've just remembered a boy named Kavanaugh,
And suddenly that name
Will never be the same
To the committee.

Kavanaugh!
I've just smeared a man named Kavanaugh,
And suddenly I've found
How malicious a sound
Can be!

Kavanaugh!
Say it loud and the world's smallest violin is playing,
Say it soft and it's almost like defaming.

Kavanaugh,
I'll never stop accusing Kavanaugh!
The most controversial sound I ever heard.

Kavanaugh.

Griff 09-27-2018 06:16 AM

Or he's a frat boy who has been shielded from consequences his entire life. Maybe there should be a serious investigation before he gets a life-time appointment to the highest court in the land.

Griff 09-27-2018 09:15 AM

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/65194...senate-hearing

Clodfobble 09-27-2018 01:49 PM

Chris Wallace on Fox News recently noted that, because of family conversations that this hearing has sparked, two of his daughters told him stories he'd never heard before about incidents that personally happened to them in high school.

He now thinks we should take Christine Blasey Ford's allegations seriously.

The bitter side of this is that old men have no empathy unless it's brought home to them in a personal, concrete way. The hopeful side is that it can be brought home, if the women in their lives are willing to speak the truth to them.

Happy Monkey 09-27-2018 02:08 PM

I definitely have ambivalent feelings when someone makes an announcement like that. It's great that that person gained some empathy, but why was that required? Can he apply that newfound empathy to other subjects that don't personally affect him? Is there any way for his newfound empathy to be spread to others with a similar mindset, or does every one of them need to be personally affected themselves?

Quote:

The bitter side of this is that old men have no empathy unless it's brought home to them in a personal, concrete way. The hopeful side is that it can be brought home, if the women in their lives are willing to speak the truth to them.
But that's only hopeful because of the tragic fact that it's depressingly likely that women in their lives have some truth of this sort to tell.

henry quirk 09-27-2018 02:24 PM

All I wanna know is...

...where's the beef?

If there ain't no beef to show then all the claims of beef don't mean jackshit.

Ain't no sensible person buyin' beef sight unseen.

-----

*Confirm, don't confirm: **meh

Buy into this crapsack of a woman? No fuckin' way.

*to be clear: I don't give a flip about Kav so dumbshits (hi, tw!) need to shut the fuck up in advance...call me misogynist or misanthrope, I don't care; throw up that tired 'extremist' bullshit and I'll find you and shoot you in the ass, two barrels of rock salt...seriously, you fuckin' retard: don't do it

**if what's 'round the corner is really 'round the corner then all this means less than nuthin'

BigV 09-27-2018 04:17 PM

hq

Your declared level of care and the vigor and volume of your declaration are way out of proportion.

Sometimes, it's not what you say but how you say it that communicates more truthfully.

sexobon 09-27-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1015813)
Or he's a frat boy who has been shielded from consequences his entire life. Maybe there should be a serious investigation before he gets a life-time appointment to the highest court in the land.

Supreme Court justices can be impeached.

henry quirk 09-27-2018 06:41 PM

"Your declared level of care and the vigor and volume of your declaration are way out of proportion."

As a warning to tw (or any other nimrod) everything of mine syncs up perfectly.

#

"Sometimes, it's not what you say but how you say it that communicates more truthfully."

Yeah? Then -- by way of 'how' I say what I say -- it should be apparent I can't stand tw.

Anything else you wanna read into it is your problem, bub.