The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bacon. Not feeling the love. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26911)

footfootfoot 02-19-2012 11:15 AM

Bacon. Not feeling the love.

We've had bacon for breakfast the past two days and I have come to the sad realization that bacon gives me serious heartburn.

My stone is bummed.

infinite monkey 02-19-2012 11:20 AM

I had the same sad realization about Cheez-its. :(

footfootfoot 02-19-2012 11:23 AM

bummer.

infinite monkey 02-19-2012 11:25 AM

Well, I've had time to deal with it. I learned of this disorder a couple years ago. Sure I cried. Sure, I was angry. But you must believe that over time these wounds, while never disappearing, will surely fade.

It's still so fresh to you. There's GOT to be a morning after...sans bacon.

footfootfoot 02-19-2012 11:31 AM

IT BURNSSSSSS!

Lamplighter 02-19-2012 11:48 AM

Somehow it's in the numbers... the higher numbers are always more risky than 1st.

For me, the 4th pot of coffee in the day is often gastroigneous.
I don't understand it because I use the same coffee beans, filters, water, pot, cup,
and the electricity comes from the same dam on the Columbia River all day long.
The water is not pasteurized, the filters are tan, not bleached ...so they shouldn't be the culprits.

I have noticed that the sun is in a different place...
maybe it is shinning on the pot at a different angle as it perks.
Any other ideas ?

zippyt 02-19-2012 12:37 PM

Awww Poor feetz !!!

Clodfobble 02-19-2012 01:56 PM

What about pork belly? It's like bacon, but not baconized. We had some last night for dinner.

wolf 02-19-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 796486)
For me, the 4th pot of coffee in the day is often gastroigneous.

And the first three pots are just fine?

Anybody else either impressed or scared by the volume?

I surprised myself last night.

I squandered an opportunity, but even I was intimidated by what I am about to describe.

I was out to eat after a long stretch of funerary duties. I had some completely awesome bourbon barrel stout. But I had a bit of trouble deciding what I want to eat. I'm a terrible person to eat with because of this, usually the waitress has to come back twice, and finally I just tell everyone else to order because that will pressure me into a decision.

But I figured things out right quick yesterday.

I had a meatloaf pannini, which is meatloaf, cheese, garlic massed potatoes, and bacon on flatbread, served with homemade potato chips. But that's not the important part of the story.

I had this wonderful thing in lieu of The Turtle Burger.

It was cute. It's shaped like a turtle. How do you make a burger shaped like a turtle? First, you don't kill any turtles. It said so on the menu. Then you take six ounces of ground beef. You surround that in cheese. Then you make a lattice out of ... bacon. 10 slices of thick bacon. Oh, and because it's still not really looking like a turtle, you arrange three hot dogs to make the legs and head. And serve it all on a LeBus roll.

There may have been some mashed potatoes involved too. I forget. Call that traumatic forgetting. I was totally overwhelmed by the description.

Sundae 02-19-2012 03:24 PM

It's called a Turtle Burger because they couldn't agree how to spell Myocardial Infarction On A Plate.

Foot, have you tried turkey bacon?
I'm not recommending it, it's just a question I ask people from time to time.

BigV 02-19-2012 03:43 PM

MORE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

Aliantha 02-19-2012 05:11 PM

IF I get my fourth CUP of coffee in a day I think I've had way too much.

Four POTS? You've got to be kidding me!

I'd never sleep.

Aliantha 02-19-2012 05:12 PM

Oh and foot?

I'm not sorry about ur bacon.

It's no good for you anyway. ;)

Aliantha 02-19-2012 05:18 PM

Actually foot, have to tried bacon that's organically cured without the salt peter? It could be the chemicals rather then the bacon, although I suspect it'd be the high salt content either way.

It could also be the fat. Maybe if you really love bacon, just eat the round end and forget the fatty end. :)

Lamplighter 02-19-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 796533)
IF I get my fourth CUP of coffee in a day I think I've had way too much.

Four POTS? You've got to be kidding me!

I'd never sleep.

Well, I have to admit we have 2 other adults in the house... but yes, we do make 4 pots a day.