The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

Griff 06-12-2015 07:09 AM

Hmm... I think I have a solo movie night coming up.

Gravdigr 06-12-2015 11:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 930869)
Hmm... I think I have a solo movie night coming up.

Bow-chikka-bow-wow!!

Attachment 52029Attachment 52030

BigV 06-12-2015 01:39 PM

Try this one wolf, Griff: Bunraku.

DanaC 06-12-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 930911)

That made me giggle.

Griff 06-13-2015 03:56 PM

funny boy dat gravdigr :)

Gravdigr 06-13-2015 04:19 PM

Don't pay her no 'tention...She just smoked something marvelous.[/jelly]

Happy Monkey 06-13-2015 05:39 PM

Just finished Community. Cool. Cool cool cool.

DanaC 06-13-2015 05:47 PM

it 06-13-2015 05:50 PM

I am currently revisiting my tweens with the new seasons of who's line is it anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 931053)
Just finished Community. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Honestly that was such a good ending I almost don't want another season... Almost.

it 06-14-2015 08:08 PM

Did a bit of a sci fi marathon... From worst to best:

Jupiter ascending: Lame story with boring characters, but nice visuals.
Ex Machina: It was fine, interesting but not well paced.
Chappie: LOVED IT. The premise seems simple, but it oversteps it by quite a bit, and it's so well done. A fantastic movie all around IMO (Although the amount of homage to Short Circuit might require suspension of disbelief... At the fact it's not a short circuit remake...). Can't wait to see Neill Blomkamp's take on an Alien movie, the man is brilliant.

wolf 06-14-2015 11:53 PM

To make up for the trauma of the Game of Thrones finale, I am watching The Great Escape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Clodfobble 06-21-2015 10:08 PM

Just watched all six episodes of "Catastrophe," new sorta-Brit sorta-American comedy only available on Amazon streaming for now. Hilarious and highly recommended.

footfootfoot 06-21-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 931119)
Did a bit of a sci fi marathon... From worst to best:

Jupiter ascending: Lame story with boring characters, but nice visuals.
Ex Machina: It was fine, interesting but not well paced.
Chappie: LOVED IT. The premise seems simple, but it oversteps it by quite a bit, and it's so well done. A fantastic movie all around IMO (Although the amount of homage to Short Circuit might require suspension of disbelief... At the fact it's not a short circuit remake...). Can't wait to see Neill Blomkamp's take on an Alien movie, the man is brilliant.

I loved District 9, was a bit underwhelmed with Elysium. I think I wrote about it elsewhere. I'm looking forward to more od his work though based on District 9.

it 06-24-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 931671)
I loved District 9, was a bit underwhelmed with Elysium. I think I wrote about it elsewhere. I'm looking forward to more od his work though based on District 9.

I more or less feel the same. Though I feel Elysium was a decent sci-fi action flick and it's a pretty good viewing experience if you are willing to take it for what it is rather then curve it out of the expectations that might come with the words "From the maker of District 9".

BTW, he is current working on the new Alien movie... I think the reaction to that will be interesting, because that franchise as a whole is often revered as a masterful piece of art with very little in the way of political or philosophical statements (At least not beyond "Corporations are evil"), but more so for it's psychology, aesthetics & executions. I think this might give him an opportunity to bring forth his strengths in those areas, in a work where politicizing the franchise would probably do more harm then good.

it 06-24-2015 07:56 AM

And on the subject of sci-fi:
Dark Matters sounded really interesting in concept, but kind looks rubbish, like an unintended parody of low budget 90s scifi shows.
KillJoys sounded like generic cliche trash in concept, but the first episode was really well done, it actually might have potential.