The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   humans (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21377)

W.HI.P 11-11-2009 01:37 PM

humans

we tend to neglect looking at ourselves.
our actions as a species as a whole.
our perceptions, beliefs and fears can be blamed for our actions.

it is that which seperates us from all others species that causes our retardation.

i'd start a revoloution

xoxoxoBruce 11-11-2009 01:39 PM

I take no responsibility for what you humans do.:headshake

Cloud 11-11-2009 02:11 PM

humans don't look at themselves? on what planet? humans are obsessed with their appearance!

DanaC 11-11-2009 02:18 PM

Wtf? WHiP came out of the gambling thread?

TheMercenary 11-11-2009 02:19 PM

Mere mortals.

classicman 11-11-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 607651)
Wtf? WHiP came out of the gambling thread?

He's realizing he can no longer be a one trick pony. :3_eyes:

xoxoxoBruce 11-11-2009 02:50 PM

He's ventured into other threads, just not loudly.

spudcon 11-11-2009 03:19 PM

Reminds me of how good a shark steak can be.

Griff 11-11-2009 03:39 PM

or long pig inside a shark buried in coals for 24 hrs. mmmm.... good eatin'

piercehawkeye45 11-11-2009 03:49 PM

Zeitgeist...oh dear.

Griff 11-11-2009 03:53 PM

Gesundheit!

regular.joe 11-11-2009 05:24 PM

The explosives on the Twin Towers section on Zeitgeist movie was a bunch of malarkey. My job for a long time in the Army was to figure out how much explosives it would take to do a job, like dropping a span on a bridge, how many man hours, how many vehicles to haul said explosives and all of the cordage and what not to hook up said explosives. for a job like the one described....the sections with the explosives placed on them would have had to have been uncovered, entire floors stripped so that work teams could have placed the explosives directly on the structural beams...on like every other floor. Wow, truck loads of of equipment and explosives for the size of that building. All while no one working in the buildings noticed?

The work would have had to have started years ago to keep it a secret. I don't think so.

The answer for the guys in the basement feeling the "explosion" first, energy travels faster down the structural beams, which are designed by the way, to transfer energy to ground. The plane hitting the building transferred a hell of a lot of energy, heck yea they felt in the basement.

I think what bothers me the most is that there are people who will watch a movie like this and take as gospel truth.

W.HI.P 11-11-2009 05:53 PM

american minds don't seem to grasp the economical reality in the usa.
these powers they speak of, are not simply anti-human, they are also anti-american.
this shouldn't be a suprise to americans, who's fore-fathers warned of these powers emerging.[george washington, thomas jefferson]

regular joe, what bothers me the most is that there are people who will take anything as gospel truth.

substitute the words god and jesus with 'pink unicorn', and you'll see how many people in this world a truly insane.

what is the difference between god and the pink unicorn ?

TheMercenary 11-11-2009 07:19 PM

Pink unicorns are real.

regular.joe 11-11-2009 11:12 PM

If God is all things then there would be no difference, I suppose.

The fact is that I cannot convince anyone else that God, or Pink Unicorns do or do not exist. We all must go on our own experience. I've had life experience that tells me the part of the movie Zeitgeist that that deals with explosives is wrong. I can tell you what I think about the other two parts, but I really have no experience with theology or banking. It certainly sounds interesting.

I'm not sure what your point is through all of this yet, I think your brain is bigger than mine. Would you break it down Barney style for me?