The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No Sex Please, (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22411)

classicman 04-01-2010 09:15 PM

No Sex Please,

I'm Neal McDonough

Quote:

Neal McDonough is a marvelous actor who elevates every role he plays, whether it's in Band of Brothers or Desperate Housewives. So when he was suddenly replaced with David James Elliott 3 days into the filming on ABC's new series Scoundrels earlier this week, there had to be a story behind the story. The move was officially explained as a casting change. But, in fact, McDonough was sacked because of his refusal to do some heated love scenes with babelicious star (and Botox pitchwoman) Virginia Madsen. The reason? He's a family man and a Catholic, and he's always made it clear that he won't do sex scenes. And ABC knew that. Because he also didn't get into action with Nicolette Sheridan on the network's Desperate Housewives when he played her psycho husband during Season 5. And he also didn't do love scenes with his on-air girlfriend in his previous series, NBC's Boomtown, or that network's Medical Investigation. "It has cost him jobs, but the man is sticking to his principles," a source explained to me. You can't help but admire McDonough for sticking to his beliefs, even if he's poised to lose as much as $1 million in paydays for Scoundrels, which is based on the New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune centering on the matriarch (Madsen) of a family of criminals who decides it's time for her brood to go straight after her husband (McDonough, now Elliott) is sentenced to a long prison term. ("I thought these things only happened to women in LA!," a source mused.)
Link
Perhaps this belongs in the weird news thread. I found it refreshing that he took a stand on his morals even at a rather substantial monetary loss. I can only assume there are others... So whatcha got?

Gravdigr 04-02-2010 02:03 AM

Whew! With that "No Sex Please" bit...I--I thought we'd lost ya.:(

classicman 04-02-2010 07:53 AM

lulz - not a chance in hell for that one.

Sheldonrs 04-02-2010 09:25 AM

Kind of ironic that he refuses to do sex scenes because he's Catholic while so many Catholic priests don't feel that same restraint.

Shawnee123 04-02-2010 09:28 AM

I love ultra-pure Catholics. :lol:

classicman 04-02-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 645164)
Kind of ironic that he refuses to do sex scenes because he's Catholic while so many Catholic priests don't feel that same restraint.

You are again confusing their beliefs with the institution. And to say its "so many" seems rather disingenuous. Singling them out when it was already clearly shown that is not a situation limited to just Catholics.

Shawnee123 04-02-2010 10:52 AM

And again: if you're a MEMBER of the Catholic Church, then you are a part of the institution. Individual behaviors aside, you back that institution.

If I spent half my time denying being a member of the Eagles, out of shame, I should probably drop my membership.

Sex scenes on those kinds of shows are always disgusting anyway. All close-ups and slobbering and slurping noises. He should have just come out and say it's gross, and he won't be a part of it, instead of hiding behind his noble church. :lol:

classicman 04-02-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

He's a family man and a Catholic, and he's always made it clear that he won't do sex scenes.
You bitching that he's a family man too? Cuz thats part of the reason as well.

Shawnee123 04-02-2010 11:39 AM

They like to puff up and beat their chest. They love being Catholic, molesting priests and hypocrisy and all. That is all Shel is saying...the dichotomy is usually only seen by us heathen outsiders.

He condones the institution, by using it as his reasoning.

PS...wait a minute. Who do you mean by "you bitching because he's a family man" crap? No one here said that. Though, now that you mention it, I just think he's even more a hypocrite.

Undertoad 04-02-2010 11:52 AM

Does it make him less of a family man if he does a sex scene?

classicman 04-02-2010 11:57 AM

My point is that he chooses not to do sex scenes for two reasons.
1) Family Man
2) Religion

Undertoad 04-02-2010 12:03 PM

Not one, but two stupid reasons.

Pie 04-02-2010 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 645240)
My point is that he chooses not to do sex scenes for two reasons.
1) Family Man
2) Religion

You forgot:

3) he's ugly

He looks unpleasant. Why would I want to see him in any form of undress?

Shawnee123 04-02-2010 12:33 PM

Smarmy looking. (nice way of saying uh, ewwwwwwwwwwww)

His face says "I am good man. Just look at me. Look how good I am. Men who do sex scenes are bad fathers. I am good father. See?"

I don't give a hoot if he doesn't want to do sex scenes, it's his hiding it under his self-professed nobility that makes me ill.

I wouldn't want to do sex scenes either, because it's entertainment for stupid people with no imaginations and no prospects, but I am also not an overpaid overrated two bit actor.

Probably just has a tiny dick.

Sundae 04-02-2010 12:36 PM

I generally fancy "ugly" or "unconventional" men (speech marks because to me they're yummy).

Steve Pemberton, Ian Hislop, Frank Skinner, David Baddiel (although he was gorg when he was younger!) I'd pay to see any of them in a state of undress. Better yet, naked with any of the others! I'm a sick, sick woman....

But really, look them up on YouTube, IMHO they're the cream of English comedy. Well, they rise to the top anyway ;)