The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   12/23/2002: Feet of swimmer Thorpe (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=2576)

Undertoad 12-23-2002 01:08 PM

12/23/2002: Feet of swimmer Thorpe

http://cellar.org/2002/thorpefeet.jpg

You'd have to guess that, if you had flippers like this, you'd be a great swimmer. And you'd be right as these are the feet of world champ swimmer Ian Thorpe, an Aussie.

They're size 17.5 (American; 17 European).

But last January that caused a ruckus of some sort - not around here, but - apparently a TV reporter in Australia wondered jokingly whether, if he's got big feet, he's big elsewhere as well. The guy didn't like that much, and made a fuss about it, and the reporter wound up getting fired.

So apparently the answer to her question is yes; he's also got a massively overinflated sense of importance. And a sadly shrunken sense of humor.

Uryoces 12-23-2002 02:18 PM

I have size 14 feet [USA feets], and "Mr. Wang" is a respectibale, average size. He gets the job done, but of course he's only one part of the whole package.

Whitefish needs to calm down, and Newsreader ought to know better.

blase 12-23-2002 04:29 PM

Thank you for telling me about your penis.

BrianR 12-23-2002 05:20 PM

Don't EVEN get me started...

I have big feet too. Size 13. The rest...I'll shut up now...

Brian

SubSub 12-23-2002 09:07 PM

Er, the conversion you meant to do was 17.5 American = 16 UK. European shoe size would be somewhere in the 50s....

Ian Thorpe apparently was the subject of rumor-mongering about his being gay (he's <a href="http://www.twentyfourseven.com.au/index.php3?Issue=13&feat=45">not</a>). So perhaps that's where the sensitivity comes from.

juju 12-23-2002 09:46 PM

My shoe size is only 9 1/2. I feel so inferior!

dave 12-23-2002 10:01 PM

12.5 here. Like I said, I'm a big dude.

Dagney 12-24-2002 10:32 AM

Hrmmmmmm

Well, you know what they say about men with big feet.....

They wear big shoes....or have a big understanding....

or something like that :angel:

Dagney...

who'd rather be doing anything but working today.....

Uryoces 12-24-2002 11:45 AM

This post sat for so long [no pun intended], I had to get it going somehow. I was trying to say something about there being no correlation between shoe size and penis size without sounding too clinical or giving out the 3d Studio mesh of Mr. Wang. [no I do not have a mesh!]
:D

BrianR 12-24-2002 12:50 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Allow me to introduce my sweetie, Dagney!

She lives in central PA not too far from Harrisburg and only an hour from me.

I've been trying to get her onto here and to join our community for some time now and I've finally succeeded!

Give her a warm Cellar welcome.

Brian

Leus 12-24-2002 01:19 PM

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianR
Allow me to introduce my sweetie, Dagney!

She lives in central PA not too far from Harrisburg and only an hour from me.

I've been trying to get her onto here and to join our community for some time now and I've finally succeeded!

Give her a warm Cellar welcome.

Brian

Don't understand your post, maybe it's a language thing.

Why in this thread?

juju 12-24-2002 02:01 PM

Welcome to the Cellar, Dagney!

elSicomoro 12-24-2002 02:27 PM

Re: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...

Quote:

Originally posted by Leus
Don't understand your post, maybe it's a language thing.

Why in this thread?

As I understand it, Dagney is Brian's significant other who lives in Pennsylvania, about 60-70 miles north of Baltimore. I think Brian was excited that she finally joined the Cellar, and since she posted here, he decided to throw it in this topic.

Brian, is that a fair assumption?

Leus, does that help? I can translate it into Spanish if necessary. :)

Welcome, Dagney.

Leus 12-24-2002 03:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore
Brian, is that a fair assumption?

Leus, does that help? I can translate it into Spanish if necessary. :)

Welcome, Dagney.

No, thanks, that's enough.

Welcome, Dagney :D

tw 12-24-2002 06:54 PM

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore
As I understand it, Dagney is Brian's significant other who lives in Pennsylvania, about 60-70 miles north of Baltimore.
Which demonstrates that Baltimore is the center of the universe? Wait till the Steelers disprove that (in keeping with the 'large footed' topic of this thread).

wolf 12-24-2002 11:24 PM

welcome, Dagney ... pleased to 'meet' you, and look forward to really meeting you at some point in the hopefully near future.

BrianR 12-25-2002 01:05 PM

Right on target, Sycamore.

I *DID* use English in my post, right?

Yes, Daggie is my baby and she finally got around to saying something here and I got excited and posted her welcome here instead of in it's own thread.

Brian

Dagney 12-25-2002 01:55 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome folks....:blush:

Dagney - who has a definite opinion on where the center of the universe really is ;)

CoolNick 09-21-2018 07:16 AM

Ian Thorpe got size 17-17.5 #flippers. But his 6'5" tall an his height is proportionate to his foot size.
I'm a 6'2" tall skater boy an I got size 18 fins, yeah... Kinda comments I gotta listen at times! Damn! Wish I was 2-3" taller... Cheers guys!
Nick - a skater dude wid the fins.

Flint 09-21-2018 12:18 PM