The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   There's lumberthing I want to tell you (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29093)

jimhelm 08-15-2013 04:44 PM

This was just shot Monday Morning....

xoxoxoBruce 08-15-2013 06:56 PM

That's the line of Giant Bottoms?

zippyt 08-15-2013 07:41 PM

Dude you should Totaly do a techno Viking thing for them !!!

Sundae 08-16-2013 02:14 AM

Great, Cherry's Giant Bottom is now on the internet.

Sundae 08-25-2013 03:50 PM

I spent last night in the arms of a girl in Louisiana .
And though I'm out on the highway, my thoughts are still with her.

Just wanted to let y'all know.

lumberjim 08-28-2013 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My ice cubes are now cube shaped.
Attachment 45289
And I feel just a tiny bit better about the world as it is.

Also, I can now deposit cheques into my TD Bank acct from my smart phone. They have an app for that.
You prep the cheque just like you would at the teller, but then you just open the app, which loads your camera,.... take pics as prompted, fill the fields on the next screen, agree to take it in the dupa if you are fucking around. Then you submit it, write deposited on the cheque, and retain it until it clears.

I also took a screen shot of the confirmation for my own records.

Undertoad 08-28-2013 10:31 PM

Whoa that is a pretty amazing app function!

jimhelm 09-17-2013 01:30 PM

just had to fire a guy I like.

that's a bummer.

nice guy, great dry sense of humor. terrrrrible salesman. closed 10% last month. we called him Eyore, and he fit it. his glass is mostly empty, and probably poisoned. He'll be better off doing something non commission, but it still sucks to change someone's life like that.

glatt 09-17-2013 03:03 PM

Sorry Jim. That sucks.

Fortunately, I don't have to fire anyone in my job. But my boss talks to me about who she plans to fire, so I get to walk around acting all normal to these people, most of whom I actually like, for the couple weeks or month or whatever that it takes for it to happen.

One guy has been spiraling downhill with personal problems (probably drug related) and he's not able to fool anyone anymore. His days are numbered, and I think he knows on some level, but it still sucks. He used to be pretty good, and he's likeable. But it's been over a year of steady decline.

I'd love to pull him aside and just warn him to jump to another firm, but I can't do that. He worries me more than most. I don't know how he'll land if he's fired.

lumberjim 09-17-2013 04:07 PM

Shame when you can see that coming. People fool themselves more easily than their bosses.

Clodfobble 09-17-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
But my boss talks to me about who she plans to fire, so I get to walk around acting all normal to these people, most of whom I actually like, for the couple weeks or month or whatever that it takes for it to happen.

Oh man... there was a time where our department was told we had to lay one person off due to budget cuts. Our boss called the three of us in and told us in confidence that the fourth guy in the department was getting laid off next week. Someone was going to have to take over his game, so it was semi-legitimate for him to warn us in advance, but it sucked SO hard to have to work with this guy for the next week knowing the axe was going to fall through no fault of his own.

And THEN, the very morning he was supposed to be laid off, some random person in another department quit. That freed up the money, and our boss called us in again to let us know that nevermind, the plan was off, and we should just never, ever mention this whole episode to the fourth guy.

footfootfoot 09-19-2013 06:15 AM

"Susan, I don't know how to say this but I either have to lay you or Jack off."

"Well, you're just going to have to jack off because I've
Got a splitting headache."

footfootfoot 09-19-2013 06:15 AM

I don't know why there's a paragraph return there

BigV 09-19-2013 04:03 PM

perhaps the jacking motion caused an involuntary humerus interruptus.

Spexxvet 09-20-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 876289)
just had to fire a guy I like.

that's a bummer.

nice guy, great dry sense of humor. terrrrrible salesman. closed 10% last month. we called him Eyore, and he fit it. his glass is mostly empty, and probably poisoned. He'll be better off doing something non commission, but it still sucks to change someone's life like that.

Sounds like you didn't fire him so much as push him out of the nest so that he can find his true calling. Tough love.