The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Insanity! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26293)

Lola Bunny 11-13-2011 01:05 PM

Insanity!

1 Attachment(s)
Vietnamese New Year is fast coming, and I need to get in shape! As an undisciplined person, I need to follow some kind of program. So, here's to Insanity! I'm also gonna be crazy and post up my before and after picture. Uh...yeah. Took the pictures yesterday, and I'm gonna start the program tomorrow. And yes, I know I look like a fat, naked smurf. :yelsick: :lol:

Any advice or encouragements y'all have are much appreciated. Criticisms are fine too, as long as they're not too harsh. I'm sensitive. :thepain: :lol: :lol:

limey 11-13-2011 01:16 PM

If you stood up straighter instead of sticking your tummy out you'd be done! That's the shape I wanna be!

Pico and ME 11-13-2011 01:31 PM

Seriously amp up your activity level while seriously cutting down what you eat. If you give yourself a short-term plan (like the two months you have) you might be able to find the wherewithal to stay disciplined. You probably already have good muscle tone, so I would suggest concentrating purely on aerobic exercise.

Why not post here what you eat everyday?

footfootfoot 11-13-2011 01:43 PM

Don't lock your knees, stand up straight. You look great. srsly.
You look great. Now I'll photoshop a face onto your torso.

Sundae 11-13-2011 02:07 PM

I only opened this thread because I knew there'd be a photo :)

As you're unhappy with the way you look now, I'll second Pico.
Go crazy on the activity front.

When I had to lose 4 stone to win a bet I never stopped moving.
And it became sheer joy as things became easier. I would use any excuse to squat down (in my retail job) knowing I could get down and stand up again in one smooth movement.

I'd also bounce on my toes when the shop was empty, or go up two extra flights of stairs at lunchtime in the office, in order to bounce down them again. Even waiting in queues I'd shift from foot to foot.

I doubt any of that was as important as all the walking I did, the work on my mini-stepper and the exercise DVDs, but I enjoyed my constant motion far more than I ever did the above (the DVDs were a form of torment - I still can't hear the songs from them without feeling profound unhappiness).

I lost the weight though.

Lola Bunny 11-13-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 772473)
Don't lock your knees, stand up straight. You look great. srsly.
You look great. Now I'll photoshop a face onto your torso.

I see the face outline now...:lol: Have fun with photoshop if you want. I won't mind. ;)

As for slouching, I did not realize I was doing it! UGH! I told my sister ppl thought I was slouching but in fact, my tummy is just that round. She said I was slouching but thought I did it on purpose to look especially bad so my "after" picture would look good. :rolleyes: Uh...ok. I was thinking of retaking the sideways picture but am too lazy. :p:

Pico: If I don't get too lazy, I just may post what I eat. But then again, that's if I don't get too lazy and I'm just an awfully lazy person. :blush:

Sundae: Now that's an idea. I know this girl who did or does what you did. She does some form of exercise whenever and wherever she could. She has two kids, so she doesn't have a long stretch of time to exercise. She does 5 mins here 5 mins there. At work, she would squat, lunge, whatever when she had the chance. She's thin as a stick, so I guess this is her way to keep in shape. Thanks for the suggestion, Sundae. :)

Limey: Thanks for your reply. :D

orthodoc 11-13-2011 02:42 PM

Along with the aerobics/cardio, some work with weights would tone and sculpt in ways you'd probably like. Do you have access to a gym with a personal trainer - maybe one or two sessions just to set up a program for a couple of months? If not, taking every chance to move against your body weight (those squats, like Sundae said) and lift things will add to the cardio in good ways.

monster 11-13-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 772465)
If you stood up straighter instead of sticking your tummy out you'd be done! That's the shape I wanna be!

This was my first thought too. That's a terrible posture! Tilt your pelvis forward. If you carry yourself like that all the time, I'm surprised you don't have a bad back.

Gravdigr 11-13-2011 04:07 PM

Lola, srsly:

:drool:

Ya look great.

monster 11-13-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 772502)
This was my first thought too. That's a terrible posture! Tilt your pelvis forward. If you carry yourself like that all the time, I'm surprised you don't have a bad back.

(in other words, you look awesome, stop putting yourself down)

Clodfobble 11-13-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny
Sundae: Now that's an idea. I know this girl who did or does what you did. She does some form of exercise whenever and wherever she could. She has two kids, so she doesn't have a long stretch of time to exercise. She does 5 mins here 5 mins there. At work, she would squat, lunge, whatever when she had the chance. She's thin as a stick, so I guess this is her way to keep in shape. Thanks for the suggestion, Sundae.

This is the way I exercise. Except I do it less by sneaking in random moves, and more by just sabotaging myself. Like always park at the back of the parking lot, wherever you go. An added bonus is that you avoid the stress of hunting for a "good" spot, and actually end up getting inside the store faster than those people who relentlessly creep around the parking lot looking for the closest spot they can manage.

Aliantha 11-13-2011 04:36 PM

lola, you're gorgeous and there is nothing about your body that you should be ashamed of. Like others have suggested, it's probably more toning that you need, so I'd suggest a weights regimen at the gym about 3 to 4 times a week for around 45 mins would probably be about all you'd need. Over here we call them circuit classes where you do one or two circuits of all the weights equipment to get an all over workout. It's not so much cardio work, but I personally think that if you were to tone up you'd have nothing to worry about. You'd also be inclined to slouch less because your muscles would hold you up more easily. ;)

classicman 11-13-2011 10:10 PM

Lola dear,

The only thing that needs to change is those godawful crocs you are wearing.

ZenGum 11-14-2011 12:24 AM

The only insanity in this thread is Lola thinking she is fat.

Seriously, Bunneh, google image search for fat people. Compare. You are teh yummeh bunneh.

Lola Bunny 11-14-2011 09:12 PM

DAY 1

I did the fit test, as on the schedule. I will post my results tomorrow. By the way, I retook the before sideway picture. Did not realize how much I was slouching. :blush: Anyways, gonna watch Hawaii 5-O now so I will get back to this thread later. :D