The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Sexual History vs Virginity (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12016)

Madman 10-12-2006 09:21 PM

Sexual History vs Virginity

Of all the topics to do a first thread (mine) and a poll to boot. What do I pick? Sex! Go figure. Okay, here it is:

With all this talk about the sexual history of your partner. It really appears that no one (not many) really had a tizzy over the sexual exploits of their partner.

One thing that I haven't read about is the possibly of "doing it over" again. Of course we can't back up the hands of time. But, with the old saying "hindsight is 20/20" - would we if we could?

morethanpretty 10-12-2006 09:27 PM

I wouldn't...but then again I have only ever had one partner...and I'm still with him :P

Clodfobble 10-12-2006 09:44 PM

Hell no. It takes a long time, especially for women, to figure out just what works for them. Those early years are essential practice, and as far as I'm concerned newlyweds don't need the added stress of having no clue what you're doing in the bedroom...

ashke 10-12-2006 10:59 PM

How do virgins go about it in the bedroom anyway?? Lots of fumbling?

morethanpretty 10-12-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashke
How do virgins go about it in the bedroom anyway?? Lots of fumbling?

You were never a virgin? Wow you started early. :eyebrow:

mrnoodle 10-12-2006 11:32 PM

How do they go about it? It's just sex, the damn dog is smart enough to figure it out :lol:

ashke 10-13-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty
You were never a virgin? Wow you started early. :eyebrow:

No, no, I was never in such a situation although I could be (in the future).

So how? :confused:

rkzenrage 10-13-2006 01:00 AM

We've been together far too long to worry about that kinda' shit.

Sundae 10-13-2006 05:20 AM

Can't answer as 1) am not currently with a partner
2) there is no option to remove some of my partners from my history.

Nothing to do with numbers, just some people I shouldn't have slept with and would be happy to erase from my memory. But realistically I suppose everything you do contributes to who you are today (especially when you learned from the mistakes) so I'd best keep the whole package.

I would never want to go back to being a virgin at my age. A future partner would feel an enormous amount of responsibility if he knew I'd resisted for 34 years in order to give him the gift of my maidenhead.

And I wouldn't want to sleep with a virgin at this age either. I remember what that was like from my teens, and that was when I had little experience myself. To me a loving, emotional encounter is far more likely from a lover with previous experience. With the best will in the world, a bull-at-a-gate jackhammer approach tends to characterise a man's first efforts.

Griff 10-13-2006 05:56 AM

Wouldn't change. How we got here is who we are. Besides only Kirk should be allowed to fool with time/space.

Pie 10-13-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Two words: start slow.

morethanpretty 10-13-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

sorry i jumped to conclusions. :redface: If you know where everything is you should be fine. Just be safe, and careful with who you choose, don't make a hasty decision. look at me; giving advice i didn't take

ashke 10-13-2006 09:15 AM

I'll keep that in mind ^^

Ibby 10-13-2006 09:28 AM

Since I dont have hindsight of it yet, then I'm hoping my foresight's 20/20 too...

Clodfobble 10-13-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

So how?

My number one rule would be to not be afraid to speak up about anything that is uncomfortable, etc. You can of course always move up to telling him what you actually want ;)... but start with the baby steps. I know so many women who found sex to be genuinely unpleasant for a long time because they thought it was just "supposed" to be that way.