The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is calming you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30608)

Undertoad 01-09-2015 07:29 PM

What is calming you today?

209 gallons of #2 fuel oil, filling the tank, at $2.20/gallon.

orthodoc 01-09-2015 08:38 PM

Carbs, after doubling down on a career gamble.

BigV 01-09-2015 10:00 PM

Invisibilia.

Quote:

Invisibilia is a series about the invisible forces that shape human behavior. The show interweaves personal stories with scientific research that will make you see your own life differently.
This week's show:

Quote:

The Secret History Of Thoughts

Co-hosts Alix Spiegel and Lulu Miller ask the question, "Are my thoughts related to my inner wishes, do they reveal who I really am?" The answer can have profound consequences for your life.
I've learned the three stages in the secret history of (dark) thoughts; Freudian, where the (dark) thoughts are believed to have meaning, CBT, where the (dark) thoughts are questioned, challenged, and Mindfulness/Meditation where (dark) thoughts are observed as some peculiar, but not dangerous bug might be noticed.

It's a pretty cool show. Relieving to learn that everybody has dark thoughts, and that I needn't give them undue influence.

Griff 01-10-2015 08:03 AM

Feet up on the mantle reading teh Cellar.

Clodfobble 01-10-2015 08:09 AM

Unless you are doing a headstand, you have a different definition of mantle than I do.

glatt 01-10-2015 08:13 AM

You don't have a Grifftopia

Griff 01-10-2015 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe hearth would be the typical usage. The stone in front of the door.

classicman 01-10-2015 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started this Christmas with a new hobby for Dan ... and I.

This morning I parked a chair in front of the window and sat alone in silence and watched out back. In addition to the regular culprits, I have a Red-bellied Woodpecker, a small female Downy Woodpecker, some nuthatches, doves, a pairing of cardinals, sparrows and more. I have NEVER seen so many birds in my yard before. See what food does? lol Anyway, watching them relaxes me. Especially when its cold out and I have a nice hot cuppa joe.
Here is one lousy pick of my new Red-bellied buddy. :p:

infinite monkey 01-10-2015 01:15 PM

Birds are great. My dad and brother have numerous feeders and houses at their houses and at my dad's lakes. They know what sort of feed and housing attract what sort of birds. My dad has a heated bird bath sort of thing (he made it with wood, a bulb, and a tin plate) for the birds in the winter.

I love birds too. When I see a Blue Heron swooping the river, I feel so happy.

Very nice thing for you and Dan! :)

Griff 01-11-2015 11:09 AM

Yeah, that sounds like the way to chill man.

xoxoxoBruce 01-11-2015 02:41 PM

Said Alfred Hitchcock to Tippi Hedren. :eyebrow:

glatt 01-12-2015 05:47 AM

We never got around to buying birdseed this winter. Gotta remember to do that. Filling the feeder each day or two is a minor chore, but it's worth it to see all the birds.

xoxoxoBruce 01-12-2015 10:35 AM

Sounds like a kid's chore to me. :cool:

Gravdigr 01-12-2015 01:28 PM

Some of today's kids couldn't pour birdseed on the ground, much less into a bird feeder.

Undertoad 01-12-2015 02:30 PM

...couldn't pour birdseed on the ground if they had a bag with a hole in it, i believe is how this one goes