The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Kid is a Damn Nutter (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18924)

jinx 07-18-2009 08:00 PM

Girl!! You go...

xoxoxoBruce 07-18-2009 08:43 PM

That's the best bitch slap I've ever read! Your intelligence and abilities are boundless. :notworthy

monster 07-18-2009 10:00 PM

I think we need to replace the phrase "kick 'em in the c*nt" with "Clodfobble 'em". WTG

Clodfobble 07-18-2009 10:12 PM

I just hope she reads it. I made myself cut out several bits about her personal failings, but I'm afraid there's still a decent chance she's going to toss the whole thing in the trash after the first few sentences. I actually included a photo of the kids to try to counteract that temptation, because it's a lot harder to just throw away a picture of cute kids, right?

God, and then I saw this today. Made me cry. This woman says a lot of what we're all thinking but never say, if you're curious.

Clodfobble 07-18-2009 10:46 PM

Oh shit, but somehow I missed this!! As of June 10th, just one month ago...

Quote:

Connecticut is now the thirteenth state in the country to enact comprehensive autism insurance reform.

The Connecticut law requires insurers to provide coverage for behavioral treatments, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy, of up to $50,000 for a child who is less than nine years of age, $35,000 for a child who is at least nine years of age and less than thirteen years of age, and $25,000 for a child who is at least thirteen years of age and less than fifteen years of age. ABA therapy is recognized as an effective, evidence-based treatment for children with autism.
My insurance is headquartered out of Connecticut (which is the only thing that matters, not what state you live in.) This is me. We are now covered. Fuck, that's why my insurance suddenly started reimbursing us for the Thoughtful House claims, when I had been told awhile back I was welcome to submit the forms, but it wasn't gonna happen...

Clodfobble 07-19-2009 08:42 AM

Hey, could y'all do me a favor? Go here, and just do a quick entry of your name and click Send. This will send a fax to Nancy Pelosi's office urging her to include autism in the H.R. 3200 healthcare bill, and basically make a nationwide version of the Connecticut law I just talked about, superseding the remaining 37 states that still don't cover autism treatments in one fell swoop. Or, if you really feel like being proactive, you can call her at (202) 225-0100 and bitch her out for specifically excluding it in the first place. :)

Shawnee123 07-19-2009 09:07 AM

Done, Clodfobble! And keep up your good work, to think if everyone were as proactive as you.

Flint 07-19-2009 09:55 AM

Awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 582391)
We are now covered. Fuck, that's why my insurance suddenly started reimbursing us for the Thoughtful House claims,
when I had been told awhile back I was welcome to submit the forms, but it wasn't gonna happen...

But of course, you submitted them anyway. And eventually, they started paying them. And why? because of people like you.

xoxoxoBruce 07-19-2009 09:08 PM

Done, Clod. :thumbsup:

DanaC 07-20-2009 04:30 AM

Clod you're amazing. You really are. Wtg girl.

Griff 07-20-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 582532)
Done, Clod. :thumbsup:

It wouldn't accept my address. We get that now and then. We're about to be re-addressed for 911, so maybe that'll work.

kerosene 07-20-2009 10:55 AM

Done, Clod.

xoxoxoBruce 07-20-2009 11:14 AM

I got a "thank you" email from Autism Advocacy that ended with...
Quote:

P.S. You may receive a response from Speaker Pelosi's office about sending your message to a different email address. Please know that we are keeping on track and continuing to send these emails to her! Thanks!
I'm not sure how I'm suppose to respond if I do get that message from Pelosi?
Guess I'll worry about it, if and when, it happens. :cool:

Shawnee123 07-20-2009 11:44 AM

I just figured do nothing: sounds like the organization takes care of getting them to The Nance.

Clodfobble 07-20-2009 02:50 PM

Man, what a smack-yourself-in-the-forehead moment I've had. You think you're so good at this, you've totally settled into the diet and you completely have a handle on it... Okay, so, both the kids are on calcium supplements since they're not getting any dairy. They make these little gummy bear vitamin things for kids these days, but Minifob refused them for some reason, so he gets a liquid that we can administer against his will rather than something he has to voluntarily chew. But Minifobette liked them, so that's what she's been taking.

The label says:

Quote:

This product contains no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts or soy.
Great, right? Nope. Notice what's missing from that list? Artificial sweeteners. Sucralose is the number one ingredient. So having realized that, I took her off them, more out of curiosity than anything.

On her second day without them, she began nodding and shaking her head yes and no for the first time. The day after that (today,) she said her very first word ("bear") since losing all her words three months ago (none of which, incidentally, were "bear.") As an added confirmation, Mr. Clod and I have a running agreement that I won't tell him when I experiment with the kids' diets/supplements/etc., and he will tell me when he thinks the kids are being particularly good or bad, as an objective comparison to how I think they're being. He has mentioned three times in the last two days that she's being remarkably interactive and playful.

Even when you know it's real, it's so hard to believe it sometimes. Now I've just got to figure out what to do with a 3/4ths full economy-size jar of calcium gummy bears.