The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

LabRat 10-30-2007 01:06 PM

Good News: Diagnosis for my lung issues.
Bad News: severe bronchitis/borderline pneumonia
Bad News: need to quit running if I don't want it to turn into full blown pneumonia (deep breathing draws infection deeper into air sacs)
Mixed News: got my period late last week, but that's actually OK, because the Leviquin for my chest can't be taken if your knocked up. Should be off the antibiotic before prime baby making time this month.

Sigh.

DanaC 10-30-2007 02:22 PM

*hugs* poor you LabRat. Take the medical advice and avoid running. You'll be back on the baby making horse (so to speak) before you know it.

bluecuracao 10-30-2007 05:18 PM

That's horrible, LR. Please take care of yourself--I suggest you stay in bed as much as possible, and keep very warm until you're completely better. Pneumonia is nasty, nasty stuff.

DucksNuts 10-30-2007 05:40 PM

Oh LR, I just got over pneumonia...its a bitch.

Hope you can get over the bronchitis and it doesnt turn into pneumonia.

DucksNuts 10-30-2007 05:42 PM

This is kinda weird, but whats upsetting me is I just hired a cleaner for my house and I hate that she will be cleaning my mess!!

I'm really OC about mess, and am a bit freaked that someone else will be *cleaning* my house.

She's just gonna be washing the floors, vacuuming and stuff...but still....

lookout123 10-30-2007 05:56 PM

feel better LR. p-no-mia sucks.

on a much less upsetting level (only irritating): In setting up my business I cast a skeptical eye and the big boom in office condo buildings so chose not to buy one and am only renting space within an upscale suite of offices. overall, it is absolutely fantastic except the guy who owns the place has the office on the end which gets the setting sun and warms up a little bit. His solution is of course to crank the AC from noon on. As I type, my fingers are absolutely numb. i'm in the freaking desert. my door leads outside where it is 85. i'm freezing here.

lookout123 10-30-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 401715)
This is kinda weird, but whats upsetting me is I just hired a cleaner for my house and I hate that she will be cleaning my mess!!

I'm really OC about mess, and am a bit freaked that someone else will be *cleaning* my house.

She's just gonna be washing the floors, vacuuming and stuff...but still....

but what is she going to be wearing? french maid outfit? something even better? give us the important info ducks. :D

HungLikeJesus 10-30-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 401731)
feel better LR. p-no-mia sucks.

on a much less upsetting level (only irritating): In setting up my business I cast a skeptical eye and the big boom in office condo buildings so chose not to buy one and am only renting space within an upscale suite of offices. overall, it is absolutely fantastic except the guy who owns the place has the office on the end which gets the setting sun and warms up a little bit. His solution is of course to crank the AC from noon on. As I type, my fingers are absolutely numb. i'm in the freaking desert. my door leads outside where it is 85. i'm freezing here.

Maybe you can just open the door.

lookout123 10-30-2007 06:02 PM

oh. damn...

just kidding, i tried that. the air actually kicks on if i do that (defeats the purpose) and I pick up road noise. eh, I'll live, i'm just bitching.

Aliantha 10-30-2007 06:08 PM

My husband is away till Sunday and I'm due to ovulate in 2 days time. That's the bad news.

The good news is we had a quicky before he left this morning, so hopefully he's got some long lived sperm. lol I've even heard that the 'girl' sperm do live longer and so if you'd like a girl (which we would) you should have sex 2 to 3 days prior to ovulation so only 'girl' sperm are left alive. I don't know if that's really true or not, but I'm going to console myself with it at this point.

lookout123 10-30-2007 06:12 PM

is it just me or has there been a little more ovulation talk in the cellar lately?

bluecuracao 10-30-2007 06:20 PM

I believe you're right. Hey, maybe it'll overwhelm the recurrence of undocumented immigrant bashing we've also been having lately.

A girl can dream...

Aliantha 10-30-2007 06:21 PM

it's probably because a couple of us are trying to get up the duff with little success.

I think I've only posted one or two comments about my situation though.

Sorry if it bothers anyone.

Clodfobble 10-30-2007 06:27 PM

Lookout, there's a very simple solution: get a piece of cardboard and duct tape it over the air vent(s). Leave a small slot as necessary to regulate how much air you actually need to get through. I did this in my old office and it worked great. Use clear packing tape if you want to avoid looking ghetto in front of clients.

ElBandito 10-30-2007 06:35 PM

Today the train I was riding on broke down on the way to work. It got as far as Ngarunga Gorge Station, jerked forwards and backwards a bit and then farted and died. The rush-hour commuters sat there for 30 minutes, reading, listening to ipods and looking at the waves in Wellington City Harbour. Woohoo.

Late for work. Again.

And I was doing so well.