The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

fargon 11-21-2018 08:03 PM

Sorry V. Fuck cancer.

sexobon 11-21-2018 08:34 PM

Sorry BigV.

BigV 11-21-2018 10:27 PM

Thank you all.

I'm "resting" in the ferry line headed home now. It's been a big day. I'm kinda wrung out and the phone's not the best keyboard for me, so this update is brief.

The day went well, very sad, but beautiful and tragedy and drama were conspicuously absent.

Fuck, I'm tired.

monster 11-22-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1019316)
Y died at 3 am.

I am driving north to be with A now, and to say goodbye to her.

Being in motion helps.

I'm sorry, I just read this. I got ... nothing. Sometimes life just beats you up and keeps on beating. I find it so hard to believe the things we can do with technology and yet we can't cure this insidious invasive infuriating stupid fucking disease.:cry:

Gravdigr 11-22-2018 12:50 PM

This insidious invasive infuriating stupid fucking disease was probably cured years ago.

No money in curing. The money's in keeping ya alive, not curing ya.

I feel this way because people/big pharma/money.

Fuck cancer.

xoxoxoBruce 11-22-2018 09:32 PM

Cancer is an umbrella name, for many different afflictions that develop from different causes. In all this time, spending boatloads of money, that haven't found a cure for one of them, not one. :confused:

monster 11-22-2018 10:04 PM

Well they have found cures....but only if they're caught early enough. :(

Gravdigr 11-23-2018 02:49 PM

Is removal a "cure"?

monster 11-23-2018 05:08 PM

yes? I don't know maybe I was just having an optimistic moment, but the two people I know who have been through leukemia have been in remission for 15+ years... :/ And one breast cancer survivor is up to ten or thereabouts

DanaC 11-23-2018 05:31 PM

Damn V, I'm so sorry.

xoxoxoBruce 11-23-2018 10:00 PM

Remission is not cured, it's the next best thing.

Gravdigr 11-25-2018 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not really the place for it, but I couldn't help m'self:

Attachment 65640

Glinda 11-26-2018 04:03 PM

Thinking of you, V, and your family. :(

Fuck cancer. Sideways. Ungreased.

Gravdigr 11-27-2018 05:50 PM

With a dead dingo's dick.

BigV 11-30-2018 09:07 PM

yes to all above comments.

We're going tomorrow to where she lived, mostly to be close to my brother in law, A, and his family. I've only met one of my nephews, there's bound to be loads more of them for this event. Y's actual memorial service is Sunday. It'll be nice. I'm very close with A, I'm looking forward to meeting his family, despite the cause for the gathering.

I've felt a weight all week... sharing a burden makes it lighter, sharing with you, sharing with family. Thanks for sharing my burden. My Mom won't be traveling to the service--her choice. Traveling for her is an ordeal. I took her to see Y the week before while she was still capable of sitting up on the side of her hospital bed. That was good.

Someone suggested to me today, "sorry if this is premature..." (no, go ahead) "One way to process this, and other big changes, is to think about what this change now makes possible that wasn't possible before." I know it was offered in support and friendship, that's good. I'm thinking... It'll be ok.

If any of you are interested, send me a PM and I'll reply with a link to her obituary from her local paper.