The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Moderator Nomination Thread 2019 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33992)

Undertoad 01-01-2019 07:05 AM

Moderator Nomination Thread 2019

This is part one of the moderators election. (Part two is the actual vote.)

The term of office for this election is through the end of 2018, and the number of moderators shall remain unchanged at two.

Nominate people to be voted on in the moderators election. People nominated here will appear in the moderators vote, unless they specifically say they do not accept the nomination.

Joke nominations are discouraged, only because I can't tell whether you are joking or not.

The moderator election is not a popularity contest, and everybody hopes that losers, if there are any, do not feel discouraged about the Cellar. Moderator is a harder job than it appears, if only because people think of you differently if you are a moderator.

Nominations will close at 11:59 pm Eastern time on Jan 5. If this is longer than appears necessary, it's only to make sure everyone gets a chance to see the thread and participate.

Nominations are open.

sexobon 01-01-2019 10:59 AM

I was going to give anonymous a nomination for a birthday present; but, at 97, spammers would soon learn to attack during nap times.

xoxoxoBruce 01-01-2019 12:21 PM

Ain't broke, don't fix it.

zippyt 01-01-2019 02:22 PM

What he said

fargon 01-01-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1022210)
Ain't broke, don't fix it.

What Bruce said.

Gravdigr 01-01-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1022198)
The term of office for this election is through the end of 2019...

It was broke, I fixed it.:D

I would be pickled tink if our current overlor--moderators would continue on. I'm not sure they could be improved upon, anyway.

Moderator's Glatt and Limey, your efforts are/were much appreciated. Thank you, and good on ya.:)

sexobon 01-01-2019 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1022227)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 102219)
The term of office for this election is through the end of 2019...

It was broke, I fixed it...

He used to always forget to change that in the FAQ. Then he wised up and rewrote it as "… through the end of the year" which was made possible by holding elections at the beginning of the new year rather than at the end of the old year.

Attachment 66009
NOTE: There's still a typo with an errant space in "t he". END NOTE.

So, FAQ was squared away; but, he's still using the old templates (it's a copy and paste world) for announcing nomination and election periods. The long term fix is to match the wording in nomination and election announcements to that in FAQ:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 102219)
The term of office for this election is through the end of the year ...

This way he can copy and paste the announcements, without modification (pun intended), from year to year for an eternity.

We hope you've enjoyed this tutorial. Please visit us again.

Undertoad 01-01-2019 09:18 PM

Kemosabe, have you considered the possibility that I just don't care? I mean, among the 50 of us that are left nobody actually needs to sweat this detail.

sexobon 01-01-2019 09:54 PM

You've leveled my expectations. I thought you were going to say it's like Conan O'Brien's "In The Year 2000" sketch with the year not changing and destined to become a symbol of who we were in our past glories.

Pffft.

monster 01-01-2019 10:25 PM

Who can fault our current pair? In the event either is unable, I think Clodfobble or Dana would also do a fine job. Both regularly represent the voice of reason and take time to try and see all angles of any controversy. And many others but I'm blanking because it was a long day and I'm tired.

xoxoxoBruce 01-01-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1022227)
It was broke, I fixed it.:D

I'm not sure they could be improved upon, anyway.

Well, if they each mailed each of us a check on the first of every month... but that's about it.:haha:

Griff 01-02-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1022244)
Who can fault our current pair? In the event either is unable, I think Clodfobble or Dana would also do a fine job. Both regularly represent the voice of reason and take time to try and see all angles of any controversy. And many others but I'm blanking because it was a long day and I'm tired.

This feeling, I'd like the current administration to continue.

As far as 50 being left, Bacefook's collapse will send those Russian bots somewhere, things are looking up!

glatt 01-02-2019 06:32 AM

I'll do it again.

Although I am not on here as much with my busier new job.

Gravdigr 01-02-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1022238)
Kemosabe, have you considered the possibility that I just don't care?

:lol2:

limey 01-02-2019 11:11 AM

I'll do it again. Thanks for the nominations. I may be a little busier as we move ....

Sent by magick