The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Day In Music (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32818)

Flint 09-15-2017 12:33 PM

Respect.

Gravdigr 09-15-2017 12:37 PM

I hope he gets back on his meds soon. His shit is getting old.

What did you do, Flint, wake up and say to yourself "Prick, let's shit on every thread we come across."?

Shit away. I won't see it. When I come back, you will be on the Ignore list.

What is it with people like Flint when he gets this way? Is it that they think their life is shit, so they're not happy unless they are trying to make others' lives seem as shitty as their own? Why you gotta bring down the place, man? Just shitting everywhere....Goodbye crazy person.

Medication. Srsly.

Gravdigr 09-15-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 995709)
Respect.

Bullshit.

Flint 09-15-2017 12:46 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way.
Best wishes. We're all in this together!

xoxoxoBruce 09-15-2017 12:56 PM

Yeah, we are all together in this thread. :rolleyes:

glatt 09-15-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 995709)
Respect.

Seems like you respect a dead guy you didn't know more than you respect individuals in a living community you are part of.

Flint 09-15-2017 03:24 PM

Well, things can seem a lot of ways.

Flint 09-15-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

respect individuals
:rolleyes: like flipping out on someone and cussing at them :thumb:

xoxoxoBruce 09-15-2017 10:12 PM

Oh please, your style and goals are very familiar to most of us here. :rolleyes:

BigV 09-16-2017 07:10 PM

I see your point Flint.

The capsule characterizations of different notables from "This Day in Music" were wildly different. Gravdigr just passed along the information uncritcally, just as he said he would in the OP.

Your argument with him, whatever dude. I think you're barkin up the wrong tree.

The *larger* issue of perpetuating black villainy and whitewashing similar scandals of others--that is completely legit. Fight the Power!

Flint 09-16-2017 08:35 PM

I challenged him to think about it. He declined.

But He did fire off an angry batshit response that was an inconceivably inappropriately ad hominem attack at me, personally. And for what? Like, shining a light on internalized racism in our society? In my view, that's a good thing. Agree or disagree, but "shooting the messenger" while avoiding a difficult discussion? We don't have time for that. I'm waaay past tiptoeing around white fragility.

Flint 09-16-2017 10:01 PM

Ironically, the OP contains this line:
Quote:

Additions/corrections, opinions, and stories are always welcome.
Welp..

Gravdigr 09-18-2017 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
September 18

Attachment 61815

1970, Jimi Hendrix was pronounced dead on arrival at St. Mary Abbot's Hospital in London at the age of 27 after choking on his own vomit. Hendrix left the message 'I need help bad man', on his managers answer phone earlier that night. Rumors and conspiracy theories grew up around Hendrix’s death. Eric Burdon claimed Jimi had committed suicide, but that’s contradicted by reports that he was in a good frame of mind. In 2009, a former Animals roadie published a book claiming that Jimi’s manager had admitted to him that he arranged the murder of Hendrix, since the guitarist wanted out of his contract.

1976, One Hit Wonders Wild Cherry started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Play That Funky Music'. The song started life as a B-side. It was the group's only hit in the UK which peaked at No.7.

1983, KISS appeared without their 'make-up' for the first time during an interview on MTV promoting the release of their newest album, Lick It Up.

2006, 73 year old country singer Willie Nelson and four members from his band were charged with drug possession after marijuana and magic mushrooms were found by police on his tour bus. Police had stopped the tour bus near Lafayette, Louisiana.

Gravdigr 09-21-2017 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
September 21, 1934

Attachment 61856

Born to Nathan and Marsha Cohen, a son, Leonard Norman.

Gravdigr 09-25-2017 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
September 25

Attachment 61914

1980, John Bonham, drummer with Led Zeppelin, died aged 32 after a heavy drinking session. ‘Bonzo’ was found dead at guitarists Jimmy Page's house of what was described as asphyxiation, after inhaling his own vomit after excessive vodka consumption.