The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

glatt 02-23-2010 12:01 PM

We waited for freaking ever to get the Hangover, and we put it in our Q a month or two before it came out on DVD. We got Zombieland the day it came out, and had only had it in our Q for a week. I don't really understand the Netflix priority algorithm.

Pico and ME 02-23-2010 07:40 PM

Neither do I. Inglorious Basterds has been on 'long wait' for I don't know how long, now. I finally gave up and got it from Red Box for a $1. I getting three movies at a time and I just switched to one. Why pay extra? At least I can still view all the instant movies I want on my TV - and soon I will be able to watch them on TV via my Wii.

capnhowdy 03-10-2010 07:48 AM

They told us long wait on Hangover and we had it in 2 days. Good movie.

Juju I went to the theater (first time I've been in years) and saw Avatar. Best movie I've seen in a long, long time. All around good. The concept, graphics, et al....I will DEFINITELY buy it.

SORRY! This should have gone in the movie thread instead of the dvd one. Please forgive me, for I have sinned. It's been two weeks since my.....

Happy Monkey 03-10-2010 11:39 AM

"Nature's Most Amazing Events". To tide me over until "Life" on the Discovery Channel. Which, itself, is only to tide me over until "Life" on Blu-Ray, with the real narrator. Nothing against Oprah, but she's not Attenborough.

wolf 03-10-2010 01:14 PM

I'm working my way through a pile of 2012 is coming! dvds. Most of them feature pictures of crop circles and ethereal music. Very occasionally there's a good description of Mayan Calendar lore. Very occasionally.

lumberjim 03-10-2010 09:51 PM

We watched Inglorious Bastards....last week..... it was entertaining.

Crimson Ghost 03-11-2010 08:42 PM

The Wife and I watched 'Watchmen'. Amazingly, she liked it.

DanaC 03-12-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 640002)
"Nature's Most Amazing Events". To tide me over until "Life" on the Discovery Channel. Which, itself, is only to tide me over until "Life" on Blu-Ray, with the real narrator. Nothing against Oprah, but she's not Attenborough.

Discovery changed the narrator??

*shakes head* why? If an American documentary is narrated by an American we just listen to it with that original narrator.

I noticed recently that Ken Follet's 'Whiteout' on audio book is narrated by a different narrator for the American audience. Over here the narrator is David Tennant, using his native Scottish accent. Whilst I get that this might be less comfortable than an American accent, it seemed a strange choice to me. Whiteout is set in Scotland and all bar two of the characters are Scottish.

Happy Monkey 03-14-2010 10:56 AM

They did the same with "Planet Earth", replacing him with Sigourney Weaver. The most annoying bit was that they only put the interesting little "making of" segments on the Sigourney Weaver version of the Blu-Ray.

jinx 03-14-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 640102)
We watched Inglorious Bastards....last week..... it was entertaining.

I couldn't hear half the movie, couldn't understand the german parts, and couldn't read the subtitles from across the room - and still enjoyed the movie. I think I would enjoy watching Brad Pitt read the dictionary...

"Killin' gnat-zee's" cracked me up....

Gravdigr 03-14-2010 12:37 PM

"Body of Lies"

Gravdigr 03-14-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 640350)
The Wife and I watched 'Watchmen'. Amazingly, she liked it.

I watched that this past Thursday. I thought it would never end.

monster 03-14-2010 06:20 PM

Watched (most of) Inglorious Basterds last might -WHAT A PILE OF CRAP!

capnhowdy 03-14-2010 08:01 PM

We enjoyed Zombieland. Not as good as I expected, but Woody Harrellson can do no wrong IMO.

bellaok2010 03-15-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 639958)
They told us long wait on Hangover and we had it in 2 days. Good movie.

Juju I went to the theater (first time I've been in years) and saw Avatar. Best movie I've seen in a long, long time. All around good. The concept, graphics, et al....I will DEFINITELY buy it.

SORRY! This should have gone in the movie thread instead of the dvd one. Please forgive me, for I have sinned. It's been two weeks since my.....

Did U see AVATAR? So great ! If not , U should try!