The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

orthodoc 12-17-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 844303)
Zen's wrong, they don't grow back, but you *can* make another baby, so we're focusing on defending the points facing the greatest threat. I can't help it if by coincidence they're nipple-shaped.

Such selfless, altruistic zeal ...

BigV 12-17-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 844309)
Zen, I think that would've been a great chance to pull "pics or it didn't happen."

For those concerned, my nipples are doing well. They are neither scorched nor grooved, thankfully.

It certainly was.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV

That's what respectful comic restraint sounds like. Of course, those of you reading my mind weren't burdened by such restraints. Not those kind, anyhow.

BigV 12-17-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 844306)
Well, I recall getting that information from a woman whose nipple had been bitten clean off by a teething baby, and she said hers had grown back.

I didn't check, though which was careless of me. I suppose I should have demanded to inspect the scene. For epistemological purposes.

It was careless of you. I know you're familiar with basic scientific method. Controlling for biter's age, you missed an opportunity to repeat the experiment, or at least the setup for the experiment. Calibration is important.

Aliantha 12-23-2012 05:46 PM

I have a sty(?) on my lower eye lid. It is soooooo itchy, and then sore when i rub it.

footfootfoot 12-23-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 845064)
I have a sty(?) on my lower eye lid. It is soooooo itchy, and then sore when i rub it.

Ohh I get those. I hate them. Just soak them all the time in warm water or tea bags. I don't really believe it makes them go away any faster but it makes you feel as though you are doing something to speed things along. Plus it is helpful if you need to have water run down your arm into your sleeves. Although it's summer in Oz now.

footfootfoot 12-23-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 844306)
Well, I recall getting that information from a woman whose nipple had been bitten clean off by a teething baby, and she said hers had grown back.

I didn't check, though which was careless of me. I suppose I should have demanded to inspect the scene. For epistemological purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 844315)
It was careless of you. I know you're familiar with basic scientific method. Controlling for biter's age, you missed an opportunity to repeat the experiment, or at least the setup for the experiment. Calibration is important.

Every one knows that nipples are like lizards tails; they grow back when bitten off, or if attacked by a strange baby the nipple will detach so the mother can get away. Didn't you take any science courses in school?

zippyt 12-24-2012 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

Nirvana 12-24-2012 10:57 AM

Carol's x mas present? ;)

monster 12-24-2012 01:59 PM

Did Limey Knit those?

Chocolatl 12-25-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 845075)
Every one knows that nipples are like lizards tails; they grow back when bitten off, or if attacked by a strange baby the nipple will detach so the mother can get away. Didn't you take any science courses in school?

:lol:

Update: the teething fury has subsided. Now either a blocked tear duct or pinkeye is giving Beans trouble.

And it would seem Kitsune has bronchitis.

...And my right eye feels sticky and my throat tickles. Shit.

wolf 01-28-2013 06:46 PM

I should not be allowed in Target alone. I need someone else to stop me from buying stuff that I don't actually need.

Well, maybe I didn't do so terribly badly ... I mean I didn't buy the crock pot big enough for soup or stew meant to be transported to and from work. It heats your meal up on your desk. Slowly. Damn thing cost as much as a full sized crock pot, which I thought was extreme. Oh, and it didn't come in purple or blue. I think if it had, I would have been in a real quandry. Didn't want a pink one. I did end up with a Darth Vader throw and tote, though. And the taco shell bowl baking set thingies I've been wanting. I went for windshield washer fluid. And a cell phone charger so I can leave one at work. And food, which didn't work out quite as well as I'd hoped. I'm still going to have to make a run to the welfare supermarket. But I did get milk. And toilet paper. And a really huge box of fruit snacks. But I can't make a sandwich out of those.

Chocolatl 01-28-2013 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have never made it out of Target with *just* the thing I went in there for. Ever.

Attachment 42614

wolf 01-28-2013 07:07 PM

Holy shit. That explains a lot.

footfootfoot 07-20-2013 10:58 AM

So I've been having this mysterious starting problem with my car. It was finally diagnosed for the third time. Maybe it's a charm. Now to save up for a new timing belt. This is the original belt, 9 years and 210,000 miles.

Hoping my Irish luck holds out a while longer.

Off to cut some rafters...

Griff 07-20-2013 12:55 PM

Excessive heat and humidity leading to some combination of dehydration and general misery causing my skin to freak out. Am forcing fluids the itching feels better than last night.