The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

capnhowdy 07-15-2009 11:52 AM

CODE
starring Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas. Well put together. More twists than a ride on the Scrambler, and a surprise ending that is near impossible to predict. I loved it.
Come to think of it, I've never seen a Morgan Freeman movie that wasn't excellent.

wolf 07-15-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 566942)
Very timely. Very good.
"Taking Chance." [Kevin Bacon]
Semper Fi. That is all.

BF's brother is in that, apparently. I have to watch it.

Blindness is very, very strange, brutal in places.

Anagrama 07-15-2009 04:50 PM

Ashes Of American Flags - Wilco

Clodfobble 07-30-2009 01:17 PM

We had to sit through Wanted last night. What an incredibly retarded movie. Just like every other screenplay I had to critique in college written by classmates who had seen the Matrix too many times. I am utterly bewildered how this thing got such a big budget, not to mention Morgan Freeman.

Flint 07-30-2009 03:21 PM

When the revolution comes, smarty-pants like you are getting shipped to an island.

Happy Monkey 07-30-2009 05:25 PM

They're not DVDs, but I just watched Watchmen and started on Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. Very cool.

Watchmen had deleted scenes restored, which may not be good for people who don't like long movies, but was great for me.

I watched Planet Earth on cable, but the Blu-Ray has the original narration. No disrespect to Sigourney Weaver, but David Attenborough is the voice of nature.

capnhowdy 07-30-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 585178)
We had to sit through Wanted last night. What an incredibly retarded movie. Just like every other screenplay I had to critique in college written by classmates who had seen the Matrix too many times. I am utterly bewildered how this thing got such a big budget, not to mention Morgan Freeman.

Ya... Wanted sucked for me. One of the VERY few flicks w/ Morgan Freeman that I didn't find exceptional.:mad:

busterb 08-01-2009 11:16 PM

Gran Torino

DucksNuts 08-02-2009 02:48 AM

What did you think BB? My Dad HATED it, but he thinks the Clint of the old days is wonderful and I dont think he likes the modern Clint.

diminished 08-02-2009 04:06 AM

I liked 'Gran Torino',from the point of view that it had shadows of the 'old' Clint Eastwood...especially at the end.

<spoiler below,for those who have not seen it yet>

When he precipates the confrontation between himself and the Gang..there's more than a shade of his 'The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly' trilogy, but the outcome has more....significance.It reminded me more of John Wayne in 'The Shootist',his final movie.

diminished 08-02-2009 04:11 AM

I've just finished watching Ken Burns excellent series of documentaries detailing 'The American Civil War'.I left the experience feeling that I knew more than when I started out, and surely that is the aim of such a piece of work.

wolf 08-02-2009 10:27 AM

I tried to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Couldn't do it.

Went back in the little tyvek envelop after the first half hour or so.

I hate it when all the good stuff is in the commercial.

Pico and ME 08-02-2009 03:12 PM

I made it as far as the bar scene and had to stop. Its pretty bad.

capnhowdy 08-02-2009 07:30 PM

Yup. Sucked. (Mall Cop)
I took a trip down nostalgia avenue (which I am renowned for), and watched American Graffiti today. Great movie. I actually WATCHED it this time since I wasn't making out with a girlfriend the whole time. Hard to decide which time was more fun.....

Shawnee123 08-02-2009 08:11 PM

I just put in Crash. I think it's interesting, though I've seen it before I always find new stuff.

There is nothing on regular cable TV.