The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

Trilby 08-19-2012 02:12 PM

Made it home in record time! four hours from New Wilmington PA to Dayton!

Soooooooooooooo glad to be back home but was good to see cousins I hadn't seen in over 20 years.

Imma just gonna relax now. Way. Too. Much. Family.

Need. Space.

Aliantha 08-19-2012 05:42 PM

I'm over it now mtp. :) I'm just peripheral to these ladies after all, and that's ok. I have a number of very lovely friends who wouldn't do stuff like that. I actually don't think they meant to exclude me, but the fact that they both so easily forgot that I'd asked them to have lunch with me the same day just demonstrates where I rate on the scale of how much they enjoy spending time with me.

No harm done. :) I had my bitch about it thanks to you guys. hehehe Time to move on.

Aliantha 08-19-2012 05:44 PM

Glad you got home safe Bri. Time for a nice cup of tea. :)

Sundae 08-25-2012 03:26 PM

Diz has cat flu.
New vet diagnosed him as a carrier, meaning he will have it on and off his whole life. Makes sense, although it's taken this long to have it diagnosed. I've twice had him treated for eye infections with no follow-up.

Also he has a heart murmer. Symptoms also make sense.

Gotta be Mean Person again forever now and not listen to unhelpful people telling me he has lost too much weight (same people eager to tell me he put on too much).
Saying that, I always knew he'd put on weight and that he has again, so that side of the equation I can only blame on myself. And listening to them about his weight loss, I knew I was feeding him within official guidelines, so I shouldn't have relaxed. The fact he went on a scavenging fury was just Diz-scoffery, not starvation.

He has antiobiotics. And it only cost me £50 (OMG!) Thank goodness the 'rents were kind enough to cover it - to be paid back of course. It's worth 4x in peace of mind. The Mia-cat had a weepy eye for a few weeks and it ended up being some sort of seed-husk in her eye which had already scratched her cornea and could have ended in blindness. But she's more skittish than Diz, who makes sure I have a full view of his peepers multiple times a day, so I only self-treated for a few days before realising it wasn't just a passing blip.

Boy-chick does NOT like the eye-gel. Vet warned it passed quickly from eye to nose to mouth. BITTER! Diz would say if he could, it's written in every line of his reaction. Pawing his eyes and nose in turn, licking his nose and then slapping his chops like a teen with gum.

Sorry Babba, not ready for you to cark it yet.

limey 08-25-2012 04:58 PM

Oh Sundae, that's tough! Gotta be cruel to be kind. Big hugs to you and DizCat!

Sent by thought transference

monster 08-28-2012 11:15 PM

nasty laundry and personal odors

ZenGum 08-29-2012 12:04 AM

Sundae, would it be possible to give Diz some nice tasting treat afterwards to fight the bitterness? Maybe an anchovy, a cornflake with vegemite on it, or a shot of drambuie.

Sundae 08-29-2012 05:06 AM

I'm trying to keep his weight down. He gets cuddles and strokes to deal with it.
Although this morning my Mum was in the living room and he bolted straight into her arms. Ungrateful tinker.

I do it in the living room as my bedroom is his bedroom too, and I don't want him to lose his "bolt-hole" or associate it with nastiness.

Only two more days now.
And he is so much better.

Oh and I'd give myself the eyedrops if a shot of Drambuie was involved.
'Cepting I've only ever had it in liqueur chocolates!

Trilby 08-29-2012 07:51 AM

Dad is 83. He's an ex-engineer and, as those of you who know me, a prick who hates my guts and HAS hated my guts since I drew breath lo those many years ago.

Now he is getting paranoid along with his violence. I took my goldfish mother to a new (and better) doc on tuesday. Since dad took her credit cards/check book (control issues plus she DOES forget) she had no money for the 20.00 copay.. I didn't have 20 on me either. I took her to the credit union, took out forty bux, gave the doc 20 and gave my mom 20 for walking around money.

I tell my dad this when I get mom back from doc. Oh, by the way, dad, we took out forty dollars from checking for co pay and so mom could have a little money on her. Okay, he says.

Next day, I take her to get blood draw. I pick her up and drop her off at her house. Dad comes up to me as I'm leaving. Says, in his best Darth Vadar voice,
SOMEBODY TOOK FORTY DOLLARS OUT OF MY CHECKING YESTERDAY!!! Menacing Man.

I said, yeah, I told you. Twenty for the copay and twenty so mom wouldn't be completely without money. He says I never told him. He accused me of stealing it.

I told him "There is nothing between us. We are done. You can hire someone to look after you two. I will never step foot on your property again."

He says that's' fine with him.

this may sound harsh but more things were said and insinuated than I care to go in to.
Bon chance, motherfkkers. He had a PERFECT set up. I am an RN who was completely at their disposal, I had case managed 3500 people in a steel mill and I know my shit. When they tried to cancel my mom's MRI I got it done THAT DAY.

But, as they say in the funny papers, that's all folks. I'm done.

Trilby 08-29-2012 07:57 AM

addendum: I have called a lawyer to see if we can compel him to take a neurological exam as he feels he is perfectly ok and he clearly is NOT.

He drove down the middle of the road OVER A HILL and did 60 mph in the hammer down lane and was nearly run off the highway by an irate driver who then honked and flipped him off. He also weaves as he drives and goes thru red lights or stops at green lights. but he says, "I'd put my driving record up against yours any day!" well, he's got me there. I DO have a 'failure to control' on my record. He thinks he's fine. He's NOT. He's a menace and will kill someone.. I don't care if he kills himself driving but I DO care if he kills someone else.

I'm so mad I could spit. He always has been an abusive nightmare and now he is worse.

glatt 08-29-2012 08:06 AM

I'm sorry, Brianna.

You need to take care of yourself. If he treats you like shit, it's for the best that you cut him out of your life.

Trilby 08-29-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 827079)
I'm sorry, Brianna.

You need to take care of yourself. If he treats you like shit, it's for the best that you cut him out of your life.

thanks, glatt.

Cut him out: this is done.

Today.

footfootfoot 08-29-2012 10:19 AM

That is really a drag and a bad combo. There must be some agency that can take away his driving privileges or something.

It's hard to stay away from the parents but sometimes it's what you have to do.

monster 08-29-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 827089)
thanks, glatt.

Cut him out: this is done.

Today.

where is the like button for this post?

Clodfobble 08-29-2012 11:07 AM

I think all seniors should have to retake their driving test at 65, 70, 75, and every two years after that. So sayeth Queen Clodfobble.