The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

Trilby 11-10-2010 10:46 PM

1) my sacro-iliac joint hurts - but only on the right side.

2) my restless leg syndrome - still no medicine

3) insomnia!

the trifecta!!

monster 11-11-2010 06:51 AM

(They're supposed to be the same freaking product, though, just updated cans. liars. mumble. And the second one most certainly isn't the same color as the test chip. mutter)

xoxoxoBruce 11-11-2010 07:04 AM

Maybe the leftover can didn't get shaken up when it was used the first time?

monster 11-11-2010 07:10 AM

nah, it did. and it looks the same as last time too. the new stuff sucks. as does my leaving it so late in the season as to take stupid risks in order to make sure it gets done in the appropriate temeperature and weather. But at least it's weather-proofed and maybe by the time the snow melts and the sun's been on it a little, we won't be able to tell.... maybe.....

jimhelm 11-11-2010 07:57 AM

just put a big rug over it

footfootfoot 11-11-2010 08:38 AM

My spouse is going into one of her doom spirals and acting out, acting passive aggressive and manipulative. The biggest problem with that behavior is that is comes out during crisis times when the exact opposite behavior would be most helpful to solving the crisis.

jimhelm 11-11-2010 08:44 AM

She's fortunate to have someone who understands that. You both are actually.

Sundae 11-11-2010 01:09 PM

Yesterday I found out that my enhanced CRB check (Criminal Records Bureau I think) could still be 10 weeks in coming.
I can't start paid work at the school until it does, so I am stuck pretending to be looking for work in order to claim.
I know - I should be grateful to be getting any income, but after all I spent my time on benefits (after I was signed off as fit for work) volunteering precisely to get a job in this field - I've not been lounging about watching Maury, eating pizza and getting stoned.
Although I should probably have been getting toned...

Thinking my CRB might come through any day (before I was disabused of this notion) I've been spending my "jobseeking" time looking for work that will fit in and around my new job when I start it.
I have to attend the Job Centre every Monday with written proof that I am applying for work and attending interviews you see.
So I applied for a weekend job delivering hot food to elderly and mentally ill patients for approx 4 hours each Saturday and Sunday.

Having looked into it, as the money I earn is less than the benefit, I will be part-paid.
So I am paid by the company and then the department of Work and Pensions then tops it up so I am not out of pocket for working.
I get £5 (a fortnight I think) for being back in work.
I am not annoyed by this - although it will feel like I'm working for free!
I am annoyed that the bloody paperwork required for pretty much anyone working with people takes so bloody long to come through.
This new company will still have to obtain a CRB for me, as the people I am visiting are vulnerable and in the majority of cases I will have their KEYSAFE NUMBERS! Which means should I choose, I could walk into any of their houses any time I fancy.
But they will allow me to double-up while I am training (ie go out accompanied to learn the routes) and still pay me.

In light of all the Tory rhetoric spewed about dole-scum and scroungers, you'd think anything that gets people off their lazy fat arses and into paid work would be fast-tracked.
They're fast enough to swoop down on people suspected of benefit fraud after all (oh, not those avoiding tax - that's canny accounting, despite the fact it denies the country much more than fradulent claims...)

I haven't been offered the job yet.
And if I do I'll take it like a shot.
I prefer to work and this looks ideal (I'll address the fact I haven't driven in 3 years at a later date!)
It'll mean an extra £150 a month once I start work.

But in the meantime I just wanted to moan about being in limbo solely due to red tape.
The End.

ZenGum 11-11-2010 07:22 PM

So ... you can't work at the school where you have been working for months until you get a CRB. So in the meantime you take up another job ... for which you also need a CRB, so you won't be working alone and so won't be making much difference in terms of service (meal) delivery, which makes perfect sense 'cause you're not benefiting financially from doing all this anyway.

This is a bit silly, isn't it? Still, you're working, you're getting some money, and even though these don't connect in the normal way, it's probably best to just smile and play along.

Really it Is good news.

Cloud 11-11-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 693647)
my left armpit.

it sweats. why just my left!?

Hey, Jim--it's because we're special!

(don't know why that's happened to you -- can tell you why only my left one sweats tho -- scar tissue covers the right pit)

Trilby 11-16-2010 06:29 AM

I need to be richer.

there are several houses on the market that I really must have.

Dammit!

jimhelm 11-22-2010 06:39 PM

Goddamn Nissan.

they leaked a $500 Holiday cash rebate to us today that doesn't start until Fucking Friday. Now I have to do double paperwork all goddamn week so they can give this rebate to people right away. shit piss and corruption.

classicman 11-22-2010 09:09 PM

you can send mine to my home address. :)

skysidhe 11-22-2010 09:25 PM

Just put a Santa hat on while you do it and ho ho ho a lot.

monster 12-10-2010 07:50 AM

Some little shit stole two of my magnetic flame decals off my car overnight. i hope they cut their fingers on them.