The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   This is a self-righteous judgement-free zone (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34148)

Undertoad 03-16-2019 10:38 AM

This is a self-righteous judgement-free zone

As we grow closer to civil war, not even pregnant Chelsea Clinton is immune from the bitter, angry political side when it gets pumped up. When they run out of targets, they'll just viciously attack whatever target is available.

Snap if you agree (because clapping may be triggering)

The time of the reformation is at hand.

BigV 03-16-2019 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
clipped from teh Google :

Attachment 66753

I agree with the position of Donald Trump Jr. (a surprise to me). The angry woman confronting her is not making a valid, rational argument "49 people died because of the rhetoric you put out there" is not true. It's to Clinton's credit that she shows restraint in the face of a direct personal attack. I believe she's doing all that can be done in that moment, to listen, absorb, be present, and importantly, not resist or defend or deflect the (unfair) criticism of the woman and others around her.

When people are angry, that powerful emotion can swamp everything else, including the impetus to more effective responses to the original problem that fired the anger. I've been in the angry woman's shoes--IT SUCKS. I've responded inappropriately and ineffectively; sometimes those responses were uncontrollable and very, very satisfying. For getting shit done though, for solving the problem, it's the wrong approach. Sometimes you have to clear the fucking bench before you can make progress on building something better. Anger can do that. But anger doesn't build, it destroys.

Undertoad 03-16-2019 11:23 AM

Agreed, Chelsea had exactly the right reaction. I hope she didn't absorb it though, she's pregnant!

That was a lesson I had to learn at the pawn shop: sometimes people are trying to make you have an emotional reaction, for their own motives. If they want to make you angry, or make you feel bad, and you actually react, you lose both ways. You lose in the transaction, and you lose because you took a lot of pain for no reason.

Gravdigr 03-16-2019 01:35 PM

It makes my day to make someone laugh, or even smile.

That's the reaction I'm provoking.

glatt 03-16-2019 03:21 PM

Keep posting swirl vids then
:)

Gravdigr 03-17-2019 07:09 AM

glatt 03-17-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1028440)

Lol

Undertoad 03-17-2019 03:12 PM

They get their say

We Confronted Chelsea Clinton At The Christchurch Vigil. Here's Why.

TL;DR: We did it because she was unapologetically against Rep. Omar's statements about AIPAC and that inflamed anti-Muslim bigotry. This killer was spurned on by anti-Muslim hate running through our society, which Chelsea enables.

Killer: "Actually, I did it to inflame the culture war. Thanks for your participation."

xoxoxoBruce 03-17-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

In their haste to defend Chelsea Clinton, people continue to vilify a Muslim woman for speaking her truth.
The speaker can't grasp the fact that her truth is not the truth.
Sadly there is no the truth, it's always from perspective.

Undertoad 03-17-2019 04:07 PM

It appears to be less of a reformation moment and more of a "dumb students gonna dumb" moment

sexobon 03-17-2019 06:17 PM

It's now clear to me that only Muslims can criticize other Muslims (e.g. Sunni vs Shiite). If an infidel criticizes a Muslim it can only be bigotry and the righteous have a duty to always spin it that way.

DanaC 03-19-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

"dumb students gonna dumb"
I think that describes a huge proportion of the current culture war.