The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   08ama! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13090)

BigV 01-16-2007 10:12 AM

08ama!

It begins.
Quote:

Obama to form exploratory committee for presidential run
Quote:

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama said Tuesday he is taking the initial step in a presidential bid that could make him the nation's first black to occupy the White House.

Obama announced on his Web site, www.barackobama.com, that he was filing a presidential exploratory committee. He said he would announce more about his plans in his home state of Illinois on Feb. 10.

"I certainly didn't expect to find myself in this position a year ago," Obama said in a video posting. "I've been struck by how hungry we all are for a different kind of politics. So I've spent some time thinking about how I could best advance the cause of change and progress that we so desperately need."
Take your pick.

I am looking forward to this.

08AMA!

yesman065 01-16-2007 03:06 PM

Anything or anyone is better than Billary.

Bullitt 01-16-2007 03:15 PM

I'm leaning towards Biden right now, he seems to have things together, but we'll see in time who's the better custodian to clean up after W.

yesman065 01-16-2007 03:44 PM

Oh my, Biden??? Biden?? - Thats perfect, I like that I like that a lot.
Go Joe

Clodfobble 01-16-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

the nation's first black to occupy the White House.
Can I just say that I hate the use of "black" as a noun? Why can't they just add a single extra word, "the nation's first black man to occupy the White House?"

Ibby 01-16-2007 07:27 PM

I'd totally vote Obama if i could vote, unless Edwards runs.

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2007 08:40 PM

I don't think he's ready.:headshake

tw 01-17-2007 12:03 AM

When does any candidate answer this question: When do we go after bin Laden? This is a question asked to identify anti-Americans. How do they respond? They remain quiet (because they are equally as scummy as a president they worship).

Bin Laden survives because .... 85% of all problems are directly traceable to top management.

wolf 01-17-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt (Post 307760)
I'm leaning towards Biden right now, he seems to have things together, but we'll see in time who's the better custodian to clean up after W.

We haven't all forgotten about the plagarism scandal, you know.

Bullitt 01-17-2007 02:06 PM

I hadn't heard about that before wolf, just googled it and it won't keep him from my vote. I see the leading potential in him and that is what matters in a presidential candidate.

xoxoxoBruce 01-17-2007 09:58 PM

Biden, WIKI;
Quote:

After Biden withdrew from the race, it was learned that he had correctly credited Kinnock on other occasions but failed to do so in an Iowa speech that was recorded and distributed to reporters by aides to Michael Dukakis, the eventual nominee. Dukakis fired the senior aide responsible, but the damage had already been done to Biden. [7] [8]

It had also been alleged that Biden had plagiarized while in law school 20 years earlier in a first-year legal-writing class. Unaware of appropriate standards for legal briefs at the beginning of his legal training, Biden used a single footnote rather than multiple citations required to cite five pages from a legal article. Both Syracuse University Law School and the Delaware State Bar Association cleared Biden of plagiarism charges.
I'm more concerned about the two brain aneurysms. :eyebrow:

yesman065 01-17-2007 10:37 PM

I grew up in DE, and I've actually met Joe several times. There are a lot of good things to say about him, but I won't say any of them. Just cuz he's a democrat and tw pissed me off :D

xoxoxoBruce 01-18-2007 08:57 PM

tw's not a democrat. tw's an anti-.:lol:

Griff 01-19-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 308584)
tw's not a democrat. tw's an anti-.:lol:

Ha!

Ronald Cherrycoke 01-19-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 307785)
Can I just say that I hate the use of "black" as a noun? Why can't they just add a single extra word, "the nation's first black man to occupy the White House?"

I thought that was Bill Klitoon`s claim to fame?