The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

SteveDallas 01-30-2009 02:12 PM

It doesn't say US passport!

classicman 01-30-2009 02:18 PM

Poorly written is all - My BIL was born outside the US and had one in MD.

Pie 01-30-2009 03:59 PM

I know. I called them and they were willing to take my U.S. Passport. Their site is stupid and wrong.

morethanpretty 02-02-2009 10:31 AM

I'm in a bad mood. Doesn't matter why, I am.
I was in a better mood, and then a friend had to be a smartass and bring it up. Then they were all "You must be PMSing." No thats not it. "You need to take your happy pills."
Fuck you, I don't need any happy pills. They do shit. I'm in a bad mood for a viable reason, happy pills aren't goin to make the situation better. Its rude to tell someone that they need pills when they're having a real crisis. So don't do it. My hurt feelings cannot be soothed by fucking pills.

monster 02-02-2009 10:35 AM

that sucks, moar.

here, you need this.... ;)

footfootfoot 02-02-2009 11:57 AM

"Does anyone ever say 'Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays' where you work?"
"No, I reckon they'd get the shit kicked out of them if they did."

lumberjim 02-02-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 529636)
My hurt feelings cannot be soothed by fucking pills.

they may be soothed by fucking Bills or Jills?

Cicero 02-02-2009 03:04 PM

Yah I agree More. Some people think that pills are going to cure circumstances, or beat the heck out of the asshole that was hurtful. They are not.........

Feelings occur for a damned good reason. You aren't crazy for having them. Though sometimes, some people act like it.

footfootfoot 02-03-2009 08:30 AM

God grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to choke the living shit out of who pissed me off.

Sundae 02-03-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 529636)
Then they were all "You must be PMSing." No thats not it. "You need to take your happy pills."

Yup, scorches my groove too.
When men in the pub commented on my menstrual cycle in reference to a perceived bad mood (which I never had in the pub anyway) I'd talk them through in detail why I don't currently have periods.

Most of them took it quite well (in a couple of cases actually interested) and some looked shamefaced. Same with happy pill digs, in which case I explained about depression and the effects of an SSRI like paroxetine, and why I wasn't on fluoxetine - the generic form of Prozac.

If people are going to make personal comments about my bodily function or medication they're going to get more than they bargained for.

In the name of education of course.

Pie 02-03-2009 11:53 AM

Most men refrain from commenting on my moods. Mostly because they know I will rip off their testicles and ram them down their throats if they do...

classicman 02-03-2009 01:41 PM

Ohhhh - Scorched Pie! Not good :headshake

Pie 02-03-2009 01:57 PM

And I haven't had a period in two years, so I'm stuck in permanent PMS. :3eye:

footfootfoot 02-03-2009 03:03 PM

Is that like the bum who walks up to a Jewish mother on the street and says "Lady, I haven't eaten in three days." And she says to him "Force yourself."

Or is it different?

Shawnee123 02-07-2009 09:31 AM

You know how you meet up with a friend, for a couple drinks? Then you meet up with friend's boyfriend and all go out to a new place? Then you end up staying out way later than you ever thought you still could? Then you fall asleep on the couch nowhere near your alarm clock? Then you miss your Saturday morning hair appointment?

Yeah, that's what's scorching my groove today. Me! :o