The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Griff 08-06-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 371777)
I just realized that I am a wimpy assed loser. Rather than call the police I am going to do nothing and save up for a master cylinder for my car. And just let it go, I just don't want any more trouble.

Sounds like me just trying to go along to get along with the edu-crats. I probably should go to a lawyer for damages but I just want to teach.

DanaC 08-06-2007 07:03 AM

Shouldn't have to fight so hard just to live your life.

What happened with the edu-crats Griff? I must ha'missed that.

Griff 08-06-2007 07:18 AM

I've apparently wasted a year+ of my life following the directions of my certification officer at school. In that year I spent most of my time driving or in classes telling myself it'll all be worth it because I'll have my certification in hand. Now I've been put on a new path to certification and have no idea how it'll turn out.

DanaC 08-06-2007 07:56 AM

Oh that sucks, Griff. I hate when the goalposts get shifted on you like that :(

Griff 08-06-2007 08:01 AM

Thanks Dana.

Cloud 08-06-2007 08:24 AM

it's Monday.

fargon 08-06-2007 08:25 AM

I get to see my Psychiatrist on the 17th of this month, and a new Counselor on the 31st. It has been decided that I am not a threat because I was not trained for "combat". I guess I should have joined the Army.

bigw00dy 08-06-2007 11:06 AM

My 21 year old brother(who still lives at home with my mother) is addicted to prescription drugs has now entered his next "phase" of his addiction. He now is stealing money from my mom and two younger sisters!
He is at the point where he can not afford his habbit.

It is like a am watching a live version of Intervention.

It is making me sick ;-( and there is almost nothing I can do to fix his problem.

Me being the oldest sibling, I have always tried to "fix" everything. I feel like my hands are bound.

On a side note.....This is the 1st time in my short 25year existence that I heard my mother cry. .

TheMercenary 08-06-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigw00dy (Post 371884)
My 21 year old brother(who still lives at home with my mother) is addicted to prescription drugs has now entered his next "phase" of his addiction. He now is stealing money from my mom and two younger sisters!
He is at the point where he can not afford his habbit.

It is like a am watching a live version of Intervention.

It is making me sick ;-( and there is almost nothing I can do to fix his problem.

Me being the oldest sibling, I have always tried to "fix" everything. I feel like my hands are bound.

On a side note.....This is the 1st time in my short 25year existence that I heard my mother cry. .

I have seen that situation go from bad to worse. He does need intervention and help at an inpatient facility. Good luck

DanaC 08-06-2007 12:31 PM

Woody, that's a horrible situation to be in. I have very little practical advice to offer, but I would perhaps suggest you do a little research into the subject of addiction, seek medical advice on what you as a sibling can/should do to try and support your brother. Do not, however, make yourself responsible for his decisions. You cannot 'fix' this. Nobody can, all you can do is offer support and love, whilst protecting yourself as best you can from the emotional fall out.

Good luck m'dear.

wolf 08-06-2007 01:51 PM

The answer is one that your mother will not like and will not follow through on.

Kick his ass out of the house and have him arrested for the thefts.

He loves the drugs more than he does your family.

yesman065 08-06-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 371936)
The answer is one that your mother will not like and will not follow through on.

Kick his ass out of the house and have him arrested for the thefts.

He loves the drugs more than he does your family.

I couldn't bring myself to say it, but I'll agree with it wholeheartedly! Send him packing - period. Tough love!

xoxoxoBruce 08-06-2007 02:24 PM

Amen.

bigw00dy 08-07-2007 06:04 AM

Wolf, you about summed it up. I know it will take tough love. But I think she is becoming a glutton for punishment. When I talked to her last night, she sounded emotionally drained and was talking as though he learned his 'lesson'. Which I know he has not!

But I guess when your standing in shit, you can't smell it.

I am in the process of emotionally breaking away. I can def. see this type of situation affecting my family; i.e. my wife and kids, and I don't want that to happen. I just need to wash my hands of this situation and come to the realization that my mother is an enabler and I cant controll it.

But it is hard to detach myself, but he is no longer the 'brother' I grew up with

Thanks for listening to me vent!

Griff 08-07-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigw00dy (Post 372267)
I can def. see this type of situation affecting my family; i.e. my wife and kids, and I don't want that to happen. I just need to wash my hands of this situation and come to the realization that my mother is an enabler and I cant controll it.

That is the way to do it. Control what you can control.