The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Photo Contests (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   October 2015 Theme (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31298)

bbro 10-07-2015 03:58 PM

October 2015 Theme
 
Getting these from the photo group at work :)

October's theme is "Unexpected". Post your photos here!

Sundae 10-07-2015 04:05 PM

Just out of interest, does the photo have to stand alone, or can it be annotated?
I mean, the Word Association thread is generally accepted to need no comments.

Yes, I'm British and we like rules.
Makes it more fun to break them in general.

But not here, that would be rotten manners.

BigV 10-07-2015 09:26 PM

given the context of the previous conversations, will penguins *still* be a surprise, or not?

bbro 10-07-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 941181)
Just out of interest, does the photo have to stand alone, or can it be annotated?
I mean, the Word Association thread is generally accepted to need no comments.

Yes, I'm British and we like rules.
Makes it more fun to break them in general.

But not here, that would be rotten manners.

Annotated? You mean like add a comment? Sure - no problem with me. There's really not any other rules except to try and follow the theme. And no NSFW photos. Also, I think it would be more fun for them to actually be photos you take - not just googled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
given the context of the previous conversations, will penguins *still* be a surprise, or not?

Depends on the penguin photo - lol. And it's not surprise - it's Unexpected. So, like a penguin rollerblading. :P

lumberjim 10-07-2015 10:07 PM

Definitely your own pics.

BigV 10-08-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 941203)
Definitely your own pics.

Seconded.

Sundae 10-08-2015 07:07 AM

Thirded.
And I will try not to include anything that needs an explanation, because a picture is supposed to be worth a thousand blahblahblah something.

glatt 10-08-2015 08:10 AM

I would say another rule in addition to taking it yourself is that you have to take it during the time period of the challenge. No digging through the personal archives.

bbro 10-08-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 941224)
I would say another rule in addition to taking it yourself is that you have to take it during the time period of the challenge. No digging through the personal archives.

I like that!

Gravdigr 10-08-2015 03:12 PM

No NSFW pix, no archived pix, gotta take it m'self...You people are trying to get me to get up and do something, ain't ya?:eyebrow:

Gravdigr 10-08-2015 03:26 PM

Multiple entries? Or one pic per player, per theme?

bbro 10-08-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 941280)
Multiple entries? Or one pic per player, per theme?

IMHO - I would say start with one. This may change depending on the response we get this month (even though we started late).

bbro 10-09-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 941283)
IMHO - I would say start with one. This may change depending on the response we get this month (even though we started late).

Actually, I've been thinking about it and I think one picture is too redistricting, I mean, this is just a challenge, not a competition. Don't go nuts, now, and flood the thread. Maybe 5-10 limit?

What do you guys think? This is a photocracy, not a photatership :p:

lumberjim 10-09-2015 09:11 AM

I thought we were a photonomous collective!

Help Help, I'm being repressed!

bbro 10-09-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 941357)
I thought we were a photonomous collective!

Help Help, I'm being repressed!

:censored:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.