The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

BigV 11-19-2016 11:55 AM

Twil's tire is flat. The vehicle is pulled aaaall the way forward, it's very close quarters. She didn't say I had to change it when I noticed it in the morning yesterday on my way to work. So, I have to do it today. Not hard or technical, just cold and wet. There might be a better less aggrieved thread, but I ain't tryin too hard to find it.'

Still that winky bottle jack I have to start on a wood block..... I miss my floor jack.

glatt 11-21-2019 07:45 PM

The bank just found $225.44 in underpaid interest from two years ago and cut me a check...for the estate I am trying to fucking close this week. Now I have to deposit the check in the morning and write two new ones and fucking FedEx them with Saturday delivery to the beneficiaries and hope they can get them deposited and cleared before the end of November. It's Thanksgiving next week.

FUCKING BANKS! How can you miss paying interest? It's all computers. Seriously. How the hell did they miscalculate that? And how did it take two years to find?

SunTrust by the way. Just so you know.

And it's not lost on me the irony that I'm pissed to be getting a check. :facepalm:

BigV 11-21-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1041978)
snip--

It's all computers. Seriously. How the hell did they miscalculate that? And how did it take two years to find?

--snip

GIGO

come on man. the "computers" didn't make a mistake, it was a person who misentered something and the auditors found and corrected it.

just like Community Chest. Bank error in your favor, collect $200.

Clodfobble 11-21-2019 09:40 PM

Our previous mortgage was owned by SunTrust for a hot minute, back in 2007 or so when our mortgage was sold to three different banks within an 18-month period. They were (and apparently still are) part of the problem.

Griff 11-22-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1041978)
The bank just found $225.44 in underpaid interest from two years ago and cut me a check...for the estate I am trying to fucking close this week. Now I have to deposit the check in the morning and write two new ones and fucking FedEx them with Saturday delivery to the beneficiaries and hope they can get them deposited and cleared before the end of November. It's Thanksgiving next week.

FUCKING BANKS! How can you miss paying interest? It's all computers. Seriously. How the hell did they miscalculate that? And how did it take two years to find?

SunTrust by the way. Just so you know.

And it's not lost on me the irony that I'm pissed to be getting a check. :facepalm:

Jerks!

Never bank with banks!

glatt 11-22-2019 07:48 AM

It's like a lot of places where they are trying to cut costs by getting rid of the older experienced people who know what they are doing, and replacing them with people who have little competency but are cheap.

lumberjim 11-22-2019 05:45 PM

Sun trust is merging with BB&T. They will be called Truist.

Gravdigr 11-22-2019 08:22 PM

I thought that was BB&B for a second...

I thought "Bed Bath & Beyond?".

Griff 12-01-2019 04:16 PM

We've had 9 or 10 scam calls claiming to be Apple today. If anyone has an eardrum piercing whistle and too much spare time you can call (208) 262-0000. Fuckers.

glatt 12-01-2019 05:01 PM

That number probably belongs to an innocent person whose phone number is being spoofed.

Griff 12-01-2019 09:12 PM

Actually that’s the one the scammers tell you to call immediately. I didn’t jot down the likely spoofed number. If you google the number it seems to be used repeatedly for the same scam. You’d think Apple would have some recourse even if humans don’t.

xoxoxoBruce 12-01-2019 10:25 PM

Apple don't care, the more times the name is going in someone's ear the better. You heard it a bunch of times today but you know you shouldn't be pissed at apple.
If I don't know who it is I don't answer. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Luce 12-02-2019 11:40 AM

What's scorching my groove?

The Tunguska Crater: Humans could not have made that with technology available in 1908.

The whole thing is silly, and obviously a cover up of some kind is going on.

Griff 12-02-2019 11:58 AM

If it happened today Putin would blame the West, but we are full up with conspiracy theories we don't need another.

Somebody want to calculate the odds of a modern occurrence hitting a populated area?

xoxoxoBruce 12-02-2019 11:30 PM

I was reading an article about that big ass meteor that hit the Caribbean and the killed the dinosaurs, and they mentioned another pretty big meteor that hit Chesapeake Bay. :eek:

Wasn't there something about meteors never strike twice... no, wait, that's lightning.