The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

jester 10-23-2007 03:44 PM

don't be hatin' - if i'm gonna have dessert, I atleast want it to "not move".;)

Aliantha 10-23-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 398491)
Candles OR fleabombs ... but for &%$#'s sake not both.... kaboooooooom. No more fleas...

Well fortunately for us, we don't have carpets. Just a big mat in the lounge area of the house. Other than that it's timber, so not a great environment for fleas to live in. I suspect they mostly will choose to live on the cat(s) who have now all been treated with a blob of stuff on the back of the neck. I noticed one flea which jumped off the cat onto me last night was moving very slowly, so I think it's working. I've had no bites yet this morning.

I hate fleas. They're still bothering me now, although mostly the bites on my ankles and feet rather than the ones on the cat. She seems to have stopped scratching. Lucky her!

Aliantha 10-23-2007 05:55 PM

BTW Zen, although the candle trick sounds pretty cool, I have to wonder if this little trick has ever led to a house burning down. I don't think I'd feel comfortable leaving a candle burning while I'm asleep.

HungLikeJesus 10-23-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 398685)
BTW Zen, although the candle trick sounds pretty cool, I have to wonder if this little trick has ever led to a house burning down. I don't think I'd feel comfortable leaving a candle burning while I'm asleep.

Maybe you could use an LED light instead.

Drax 10-23-2007 11:51 PM

I wish my mom would get off my damn back about my damn TV volume. I always try to keep the level down off enough as not to bother them, but...well...and most TVs now-a-days don't have a front panel earphone jack.

Aliantha 10-23-2007 11:55 PM

I'm always telling my kids to turn the tv down. I find it really annoying to hear someone else's second hand tv noise.

Drax 10-24-2007 12:57 AM

:rolleyes: I doubt your kids try to be as discreet as me.

What are their ages?

Aliantha 10-24-2007 01:14 AM

10 and 11...and believe me, they try to be discreet. lol I'm the sort of person that sleeps with ear plugs in because I like the silence...unless I'm in the country. Then I sleep just fine without earplugs.

Drax 10-24-2007 01:24 AM

Well, my folks' bedroom is about 20 feet from my room, so nights really aren't the problem.

Aliantha 10-24-2007 01:28 AM

OH well...maybe it's just your mum then. Or maybe she likes peace and quiet during the day so she can think her own thoughts without interruption?

I guess she must kinda feel like the weight of the world is on her shoulders sometimes huh?

Drax 10-24-2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 398841)
OH well...maybe it's just your mum then. Or maybe she likes peace and quiet during the day so she can think her own thoughts without interruption?

Actually, I think it's mostly my step-dad who complains. His study is right next to my room, and the sounds travel thru my wall into his study, even with my door shut. It's not a problem on weekdays since they're @ work, just in the evening if he has to do something in his study. He tells her, and she tells me.

Of course, sometimes my mom hears it up in our kitchen.

Anyway, I did a little TV volume experiment earlier. I set the volume @ my normal listening level, went out of my room, closed the door, and went into the study, and yes I heard it. Not sure what to do there. 'Course, my step-dad could turn his TV up, and shut his door. Then, I went toward the kitchen, and my TV got harder to hear.

I don't know what to do, but stop watching TV...not an option.

Quote:

I guess she must kinda feel like the weight of the world is on her shoulders sometimes huh?
I suppose. I certainly don't wanna piss her off, but I gotta try to bring a sliver of happiness to my mediocre life too.

Ibby 10-24-2007 02:28 AM

even sicker today.

nnnnghhhh

Drax 10-24-2007 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 398849)
even sicker today.

nnnnghhhh

Why doesn't yer ma just take you to a doctor (not necessarily a hospital)?

Aliantha 10-24-2007 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 398849)
even sicker today.

nnnnghhhh

Have you been for your endoscopy yet Ib?

Aliantha 10-24-2007 02:58 AM

Thanatos...what about putting carpet on the walls of your room? That would insulate it a bit, and of course you could still pin things to the wall.