The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

DanaC 01-10-2013 08:05 AM

Carrot's hydro didn't go so well today. Poor lamb's all stiffened up and seems to have strained some of the muscles in his groin (similar to humans who have bad hips getting pain in the groin area) his gait is very uneven, almost double the stride length on his left side compared to his right. Usually after a few minutes on the treadmill he finds his rhythm and settles into it. This time we had to stop after 7 minutes.

I knew he wasn;t right. The last week and a half he's been intermittently exhibiting pain based behaviours (nipping and getting hyper) but difficult to isolate where it was coming from (back muscles? hipjoints?).

So we've to go his regular vets and discuss a possible short course of anti-inflammatories. The idea of which gives me a sinking feeling...seriously, already? He's only just turned one year old. Don't much like the idea of him being in pain though either, so hey ho. Needs must and all that.

footfootfoot 01-10-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 847068)
Fatigue this cycle has knocked me down badly and never resolved, as it has during previous cycles. My daughter had to drive me back to my place today and I still didn't have enough energy to unpack. And today, out of the blue, I developed episcleritis. The last time I had it, it turned into scleritis and almost perf'd my globe. :worried: They may delay Thursday's chemo ... I'll find out tomorrow.

Back to work tomorrow. So much to do, and I can't even unpack my suitcase.

I'm betting you need a perf'd globe like a hole in the eye.

Feel better. Do fake tears help, or something that shrinks the vessels?

BigV 01-10-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 847174)
my vision.

Dear monster

get well soon. I am sorry about your cerebral vascular system.

orthodoc 01-10-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 847246)
I'm betting you need a perf'd globe like a hole in the eye.

Feel better. Do fake tears help, or something that shrinks the vessels?

Thanks, foot, V, Pete, and Nirvana. Intraocular and systemic steroids help. I'm on both of those now thanks to my onc, and because I'm getting three days' worth of steroids around my chemo. I have a referral to Ophthalmology but no appointment yet. The steroids have calmed things down but I'll be off them Sat morning (and my immune-boosting shot will kick in after a couple days) so we'll see what happens then. The really nasty thing about eyes is that when they're affected by autoimmune disorders, a bad outcome in one can cause a 'sympathetic' reaction in the other and you lose both. If things deteriorate badly on the weekend I'll just have to go to the ER.

The sympathetic eye thing does not, repeat NOT, happen with field cuts due to stroke. Not trying to add to your stress, Monster. I'm very sorry your vision is still a problem.

monster 01-10-2013 05:37 PM

that is sweet to post on the right. sadly it doesn't quite work like that -I don't see the left of whatever I'm looking at. Unless I know to look for it. Unless you actually wrote

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 847254)
WaytooDear fatarsemonster

get well soon. I yamyamam notsorry about your sillyrebral vagzscular snotstem.

in which case the joke is on me ;)

Aliantha 01-10-2013 06:35 PM

I've ended a friendship today. That's upsetting to me because I never thought this friend would be such a fucking bitch to me.

Anyway, life goes on. Out with the dead weight. I guess now I have room for something or someone better.

monster 01-10-2013 11:08 PM

oh that really sucks, sorry ali

Aliantha 01-11-2013 12:12 AM

Yeah a bit monster. Not nearly as much as your trials at the moment though. My issue seems very small in comparison.

DanaC 01-11-2013 04:29 AM

Losing a friend isn't small. Sucks.

Griff 01-11-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 847213)
Carrot's hydro didn't go so well today. Poor lamb's all stiffened up and seems to have strained some of the muscles in his groin (similar to humans who have bad hips getting pain in the groin area) his gait is very uneven, almost double the stride length on his left side compared to his right. Usually after a few minutes on the treadmill he finds his rhythm and settles into it. This time we had to stop after 7 minutes.

I knew he wasn;t right. The last week and a half he's been intermittently exhibiting pain based behaviours (nipping and getting hyper) but difficult to isolate where it was coming from (back muscles? hipjoints?).

So we've to go his regular vets and discuss a possible short course of anti-inflammatories. The idea of which gives me a sinking feeling...seriously, already? He's only just turned one year old. Don't much like the idea of him being in pain though either, so hey ho. Needs must and all that.

Oh, the poor little guy. So sorry.

Nirvana 01-11-2013 09:59 AM

Jimmy Savile I think the first 2 letters of his last name are not necessary :mad2:

here

footfootfoot 01-11-2013 10:56 AM

Or missing proper spacing:

Jimmy's a vile ...

DanaC 01-11-2013 12:30 PM

The scale of the man's offending is truly shocking.

Update on Carrotchops: spoke to his regular vet today. She's only down at the local surgery on Thursdays, so was gearing up to maybe have to take him to the other branch (an hour's drive) but as it happens, she's booked solid til next Friday at either branch and is then off to stateside for a conference.

So, we're starting his acupuncture when she returns atthe end of the month. In the meantime she's suggested he does go for a short course of anti-inflammatory painkillers and I've booked him in with one of the other vets tomorrow morning.

He's been really out of sorts today, poor little sod. Like a kid when they're sick, all restless with no attention span.

Chocolatl 01-11-2013 12:40 PM

Poor pup! Hope he feels better soon.

I feel like everyone's getting hit hard this January. Sending wishes for peace and healing out to all those who need them.

orthodoc 01-11-2013 12:52 PM

Poor Carrot! I hope the anti-inflammatories help. Sorry this is happening.