The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Adding insult to injury or Moving forward? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32429)

classicman 12-31-2016 12:25 PM

Adding insult to injury or Moving forward?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classicman
Started in court - lost. Went to help out dad for a couple hours, then looked at three houses - all losers. :( Ended with making an awesome dinner, a few beers and great company. Do I look as wiped as I feel? Oh, and a 4 hour hunting trip starting at 8 am - and hour away.

Yeh, apparently that wasn't enough shit for one day. I ended the 11 year relationship with my GF as well. Issues have been brewing for some time and the distance from her was more than I am willing to take. I want to be with someone who WANTS to be with me also. That hasn't been the case for too long. So yeh. Merry F'ing Holidays.
I am already gutted as I never thought that we'd be apart and I am now facing more uncertainty as the future unfolds. I'm a people person, I don't want to do the alone thing. I WANT to share my life with someone. I want to hold hands, hug and kiss. Is that really too much to ask for? Fuuuuuck. I'm not sure if I'm more hurt, sad or mad. Keeping busy is going to be essential, methinks.

BigV 12-31-2016 01:00 PM

What?

*stunned*

Undertoad 12-31-2016 01:21 PM

Dang dude! Sorry to hear of this...

limey 12-31-2016 01:40 PM

Oh Classic! How awful! You are in my thoughts. X

Sent by magic.

sexobon 12-31-2016 01:47 PM

Every cloud has a silver lining; however, silver is a great conductor of electricity so you may feel a little shock.

xoxoxoBruce 12-31-2016 02:08 PM

That sucks! Guess you're starting fresh with the new year.:(

Clodfobble 12-31-2016 03:05 PM

You've been in uncertain places before, and always come out on top. It will work itself out, one way or another, and you're strong enough to see it through.

classicman 12-31-2016 03:42 PM

Thanks all. We'll see... I'm still shocked. I didn't plan or mean to do it. It came out of another awkward conversation about nothing. These used to be so fluid and easy and positive. For the last couple months they haven't been. She has been basically ambivalent as to whether we saw each other or not. We've been down to 1 day a week for too long. She said she was going to her mom's for NYE and if I wanted to go to some party or something to go ahead and go. I was stunned. I LIVED to see her each week and it was obvious she didn't feel the same anymore. :( She would rather be with no one than be with me. That was the knife that cut too deep. I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm hurt, sad, angry and heartbroken, but it was too painful to be with or now even talk to her knowing that.

Pico and ME 12-31-2016 04:41 PM

It will take a long while to break out of this fog, Classic. All you can do is move right along with it. It will follow you everywere.

And then it wont. Just hold on till then. My heart wishes you strength and comfort. Be especially forgiving with yourself.

glatt 12-31-2016 04:53 PM

I'm sorry classic. That sucks. But good for you for taking control of things and not just waiting around for her.

Gravdigr 01-01-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 978070)
I'm a people person, I don't want to do the alone thing. I WANT to share my life with someone.

Well, I'm easy, but, I ain't cheap.:jig:

Griff 01-01-2017 06:33 PM

Sorry man, time to write another chapter.

orthodoc 01-01-2017 08:40 PM

I'm sorry, classic. From what you've said, it sounds like something had to happen. Doesn't make it easier though.

infinite monkey 01-02-2017 07:46 AM

Sorry, classic.

:hug:

fargon 01-02-2017 09:04 AM

Sorry classic, Women are like that.