The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

skysidhe 01-10-2009 09:25 AM

well I have On demand but it is the same as renting a dvd.

I watched the X Files movie of which I loved the series but I hated, HATED the theme of the movie.

random thought:
also I couldn't stop thinking of the fact that what's his name became a sex pervert or rather had to publically announce his pervishness or something like that.

Maybe dealing with dead peoples parts led him to his conversion. Maybe the images the movie invokes messed with the satisfaction pervs feel when perving over a breast or whatever.Maybe all sexual pervs should be strapped down and made to watch this movie.

I suggest no loving couples watch this movie right before bed time.

wolf 01-10-2009 10:44 AM

Discovery Channel: Ice World

Trilby 01-10-2009 12:33 PM

Jesus' Son.

Man. I hope I don't slit my wrists.

TheMercenary 01-15-2009 06:28 PM

Just finished "Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?" with Morgan Spurlock the guy who did "Supersize Me". Serious material done with a funny slant. Worth the watch.

Trilby 01-15-2009 07:39 PM

Much Ado About Nothing with Keanu Reeves. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! We all start snorting with laughter when he tries to talk all Shakespearean and stuff. Wyld Stallions Rule!

TheMercenary 01-21-2009 09:08 PM

Henry Poole is here.

Tear jerker. It was really very good. I don't like chick flicks but this was something other, another level, a level of good and what is right. See it if you have the time to watch it quietly with someone you love or by yourself to reflect on things we don't always understand. Enjoy.

Chocolatl 01-23-2009 06:54 PM

Watched The Prestige last week based on the high rec in this thread and have to agree that it's a must-see. Loved it, and it kept my brain turning the whole way through.

Since I've been at home resting, this week, it's given me a chance to take advantage of the NetFlix instant play feature. I watched the 2004 Vanity Fair earlier this week -- eh -- and just finished watching Across the Universe. I think I'll need to obtain the actual disc so I can better see all of the visuals, but it was pretty good. A little crazy, as I am starting to see most of Julie Taymor's works are. But the music was great and beautifully done.

wolf 01-24-2009 02:47 PM

Raging Bull

meh. Good acting, but I'm not that into boxing or watching a man's decline into obscurity.

BigV 01-24-2009 06:17 PM

Last night:

Jesus Christ Superstar

Both boys were singing along with me. It was awesome.

BigV 01-24-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 505135)
America's A-Bomb Tests

I have that dvd

KinkyVixen 01-24-2009 07:51 PM

I can't stop watching Nightwish 'End Of An Era. The concert on DVD. It freakin rocks!

wolf 01-24-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 526067)
Last night:

Jesus Christ Superstar

Both boys were singing along with me. It was awesome.

I love it as well, although I prefer the newer version to the 1970s one.

My favorite recording is the "Original London Recording" (the brown cover two LP version).

_______

Just finished "Wanted." It was a lot of fun. I gotta figure out how to do that with bullets. That and the "Gun Kata" from Equilibrium.

glatt 01-26-2009 08:36 AM

Saw Tropic Thunder last night. It was kinda funny and certainly enjoyable, but it was the DVD commentary that I really liked. After the movie was over, we watched the first half hour of the DVD with the commentary on, and it's so good, we'll hold onto the movie and watch the rest later this week. Hearing Jack Black, Robert Downey JR., and Ben Stiller just yucking it up and cracking jokes during the movie is so much more entertaining than the movie itself. Those guys are so funny and were clearly enjoying themselves. Robert Downey Jr. stays in character during the commentary, like his character said he would during the movie, and it results in one of the best DVD commentaries I've ever seen.

TheMercenary 01-26-2009 12:02 PM

Just finished the Tin Man series with Zooey Deschanll and Kathleen Robertson, both hotties. It was a pretty good remake of the WofOZ. Some great special effects but not really on the same level of Lord of the Rings or anything like that, but I think they did a pretty good job on about a 3 million dollar budget.

capnhowdy 01-26-2009 04:18 PM

Pineapple express: 5
Rightous kill: 8
I will watch Max Payne tonite if I have time.