The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly amusing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20235)

Undertoad 05-07-2009 01:09 PM

What's mildly amusing you today?

My back yard neighbor has generally been rude to me. Today the lawn service came after 7 days straight rain, and mowed his lawn with a big heavy tractor with big bubble tires on the back.

http://cellar.org/2009/lawntracks.jpg

Haha, if they play football on it they don't have to draw any lines :lol:

My lawn is a mess, but it's a marsh out there and I'm waiting until it dries to cut it.

SteveDallas 05-07-2009 01:34 PM

Ouch! :cool:

Mine is horribly overgrown, only 10 days from the last mowing (and first of the season). But yeah, nothing doing till it dries out. (I'm hearing thunder outside my window as I type this . . . )

glatt 05-07-2009 01:36 PM

I planted grass seed in several large dead spots on our lawn, and all this rain has been absolutely wonderful. I haven't had to water virtually at all, and the new grass is already thick and lush. It's so freakin' GREEN here.

lumberjim 05-07-2009 02:13 PM

i mowed yesterday morning in the 4 hours of not rain we had.

Trilby 05-07-2009 03:39 PM

HA HA! Stupid neighbor!

The woman living next to me is a complete nut job; she spent two SOLID years building and re-vamping her house (question: if she had to do so much to the house, why'd she buy it just couple years ago? would have been easier to find a more suitable house than to do what she's done). Takes a lot of money to look that cheap, ya know?

HA!

(This is the woman who put a camera on my house---that complete NUTTER)

given all that, UT, looks like you live in a pretty swanky neighborhood!

LabRat 05-07-2009 03:42 PM

How funny Brianna...just not too long ago after our neighbors were annoying us, I thought to myself "at least they don't have a camera on our house like Bri had. I wonder what ever happened with all that?."

What ever happened with all that?

Trilby 05-07-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 563579)
How funny Brianna...just not too long ago after our neighbors were annoying us, I thought to myself "at least they don't have a camera on our house like Bri had. I wonder what ever happened with all that?."

What ever happened with all that?

:) I told my ex husband about it. He said he was going to go over there and ask her why she had a camera on our teen-aged son. She took it down toot-sweet. Dumb cow.

she's rude, a rumor-monger, stirs the pot every chance she gets, accused one neighbor of pulling a gun on her (didn't happen) and another neighbors dog "killed" her cat - again, the dog did nothing. Her cat is fine. She makes shit UP. I have to keep telling myself that she's mentally ill so I don't just go over there and punch her nose in.

Aliantha 05-07-2009 05:27 PM

The thing that's mildly amusing me RFN is listening to Max farting. Seriously, that kid could fart for Australia if he keeps it up. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. He just lies there and farts.

SteveDallas 05-07-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 563598)
Seriously, that kid could fart for Australia if he keeps it up.

I understand there are some cultural differences and such, but I hadn't realized it was an national sport.

Aliantha 05-07-2009 05:52 PM

Yep, along with the 10 mile burp

Undertoad 05-07-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 563578)
given all that, UT, looks like you live in a pretty swanky neighborhood!

It's nice. But I'm in this weird place now, post-failures, where I can't afford to live here, can't afford to sell, and can't refinance.

Dickwad back there puts in a pool - they use it once per year. Buys a trampoline because the kids two doors down have one - his kids use it once, never again. Removes his perfectly fine deck and replaces it with a permanent concrete patio - they never sit out on it.

monster 05-07-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 563608)
Buys a trampoline because the kids two doors down have one - his kids use it once, never again. .

Perhaps because it's on a goddam freaking hill?!!1!! or is that just the camera angle?

Undertoad 05-07-2009 07:22 PM

No, it's on a fucking hill. The yard does flatten a little at the bottom.

monster 05-07-2009 07:33 PM

Well that's mildly amusing me. :lol:

SteveDallas 05-07-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 563608)
It's nice. But I'm in this weird place now, post-failures, where I can't afford to live here, can't afford to sell, and can't refinance.

And how many of your neighbors are in the same situation?