The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Aliantha 06-09-2007 12:33 AM

I hope your tests went well today besides the associated hair loss rkz.

rkzenrage 06-09-2007 01:01 AM

I will know soon. They were yesterday actually, very painful for me. Other than that, ok.

Griff 06-09-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 352807)
I will know soon. They were yesterday actually, very painful for me. Other than that, ok.

Good luck man, keep your chin up.

Clodfobble 06-09-2007 09:17 AM

We just visited a friend who did not mention she had two sick children until we got there. But no no, don't worry, it's bacterial and they've already been on antibiotics for 5 days so they're no longer contagious.

This morning we are all showing symptoms.

Griff 06-09-2007 09:29 AM

One of my buddies has a back condition that looks like it could cripple him in the long run. Please don't run marathons if you find yourself laid up after.:headshake

Sundae 06-11-2007 02:39 PM

Sorry to post this after other people's serious posts involving health. But. Well, it's the nature of the thread, right?

I forgot that Hot Fuzz was out on dvd today.
One of my Things to Do when I went into town was go & buy it and start a series of watching it with every available commentary (bound to be a few of them) when I got back tonight.

Instead I went wandering round looking at pink shoes (no idea) and then went into the internet cafe to kill time with you chaps. Remebered at precisely 18.31 when the cafe was closing and all the shops had closed. So I've come back here (the shop I work in, I am allowed access after hours) to waste my time with you a bit more.

The main disappointment - I'm not free to go and get myself a bit of Pegg until SUNDAY now. Sheesh.

HungLikeJesus 06-11-2007 02:45 PM

SG - I saw Hot Fuzz a few weeks ago. I thought it was very well done, and we recognized a lot of actors from Shaun of the Dead. I will probably also get it when it comes out on DVD. I wonder if it's being released in the US now, also.

Undertoad 06-11-2007 02:50 PM

Had to put Jacquelita's old dog to sleep yesterday night, 3am.

The old boy put in his time, but he had just about everything a dog could have wrong - cancer, fused spine, arthritic legs. Yesterday night he sprained his front knee joint badly and couldn't move without a great deal of pain. The emergency vet agreed, it was time.

Bud will be remembered as a good dog who would not hurt a soul, who provided companionship to his family. He'll also be remembered as that dog who would lick his own feet incessantly, until he was basically eating them, and had to go into an E-collar. But mostly, he'll be remembered as having helped to define Jacquelita's life, when she rescued him from an abusive owner and put up with his various resulting mental issues, to give him a good long life he could enjoy.

Love your pets.

Spexxvet 06-11-2007 02:53 PM

Sorry for your and J's loss. Pets are part of a family, and their loss is hard to take.

Sundae 06-11-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLJ
SG - I saw Hot Fuzz a few weeks ago. I thought it was very well done, and we recognized a lot of actors from Shaun of the Dead. I will probably also get it when it comes out on DVD. I wonder if it's being released in the US now, also.

Not til July 31. After Harry Potter for you!
I'll give you my opinion on the commentaries in the Hot Fuzz thread once I've watched it ALL Sunday

Did you recognise Rafe Spall?
It took me til halfway through the film to click - am useless with faces though. He had a moustache, which is as good as extensive surgery to someone like me.

He's also quite buffed up now - hope to see him in other films soon (he's son of a very well known British actor Timothy Spall, who you might only know as Peter Pettigrew/ Scabbers in Harry potter films)

Sundae 06-11-2007 02:55 PM

UT - sorry to hear that.
Glad to hear he was given a good life and died well loved.

Shawnee123 06-11-2007 03:02 PM

Sorry for your loss, UT.

It sounds like the happiness was mutually given. Warm thoughts to you and yours.

Cloud 06-11-2007 03:18 PM

love your pets, while you can.

not enough sleep, because I stayed up too late reading.

The Cellar. I'm about to give up.

lumberjim 06-11-2007 03:22 PM

jaq:

http://www.jazzflowers.co.uk/images/flowers_05.jpg

LabRat 06-11-2007 04:40 PM

My condolences to you both.