The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   DOG (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30860)

Gravdigr 11-06-2015 11:42 AM

If you hate those kinds of pics as much as I do, rinse your eyes out with this:

xoxoxoBruce 11-06-2015 03:09 PM

Quills are not fatal, and part of their education. Mine came home with a nose full and stood quietly while I pulled them out, which surprised the hell out of me. After I got one side done there was just one little drop of blood at each location. While I was doing the other side, his tongue would come out the front of his mouth but lick only the side I had done. I was amazed at the dexterity of his selective licking.

DanaC 11-06-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 944639)
Quills are not fatal, and part of their education.

You say that, but Pilau's brother, Dante, was nearly killed by a grass stalk. I shit you not. He was sniffing at some long, dry grassstalks and one of the fuckers shot up his nose. He was about a year old, as I recall. Blood flooding from his nose and off we all go to the vets. Vet said it had shot right up into the nasal cavity and could have killed him.

Fucking grass. He nearly died, sniffing grass. How fucked up is that?

Lamplighter 11-06-2015 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, Dana.

Here in the States, these are the little beasties that send the children of vets thru college...

xoxoxoBruce 11-06-2015 06:32 PM

Grass or anything else that goes inside is a danger, even gum, candy, baked goods or peanut butter that are sweetened with Xylitol. However quills get imbedded before they get very far. Even if the dog tries to bite the porky, they stick before the dog can swallow them. Very unpleasant, and expensive lesson, but not fatal. Could lose an eye though.

Sundae 11-07-2015 09:26 AM

One of my "original" boys (the cats I had to leave when I left my husband) was sneezing convulsively one evening. My ex was even more tender-hearted than me, although this is before I started to lose my marbles. We phoned the emergency vet - it was a weekend, and it may even have been a Bank Holiday. He said as long as he could still breathe we might want to avoid calling him out. Enormous great big bills and all that.

I have a feeling we were in the middle of a cash crisis, because we decided not to. We'd had medical advice at least (free of charge, bless that vet.)

Eventually a tiny green shoot appeared in his nose and we slowly drew it out.
I swear, that piece of grass must have been all the way up in his tiny cat brain. It was like drawing out the flags of all nations. Well, in my memory at least.

Luckily he was fine. A few more sneezes and shakings of the head and he was sorted.
I only read afterwards about the filaments on grass only going in one direction (not the band) and how dangerous it could have been.

Sorry - I know it's a Dog thread, but that seemed a relevant story.

xoxoxoBruce 11-08-2015 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

November 5, 2015 - Rachel Kauffman receives a loving kiss from Hank, a German Shepherd she rescued from the Memphis animal shelter several weeks ago. Kauffman only planned to keep Hank for a few day while a longer term foster home was found. Hank was placed with a family in the Berclair area of East Memphis on Oct.30., he quickly escaped. Over a two-day, 11 mile journey Hank made his way back to Kauffman's house in the Cooper Young area. The determined shepherd has now found a forever home with Kauffman.
link

DanaC 11-12-2015 03:50 PM

Carrot Pilausson approves this message:

Gravdigr 11-12-2015 03:56 PM

:devil:

xoxoxoBruce 11-13-2015 01:50 AM

Pizza thief. Wait for it.

DanaC 11-13-2015 11:25 AM

Hahahahahahah. Oh my god that's what Carrot would do.

I can't leave food cooking on the hob, unattended. The only boundaries he recognises are physical. If he can reach it, it's fair game. And he can reach damn everything in this house.

When I was staying at the two Js' house in Tod a few weekends ago (they were in Dublin watching some MMA fight), dogsitting two of their three dogs, with Carrot in tow, I came into the kitchen and found the little shit stood, all four paws, on their kitchen table rooting through my bag looking for the denta stix.

I looked at him, brazenly treading about the table and I just thought - wow...I have failed this puppeh.* heheh.

* to be read in the voice of Arrow

Gravdigr 11-13-2015 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 54147

What? Yeah there is, too. It's yellow, with a black nose, and pointy ears...:D

DanaC 11-13-2015 01:37 PM

Hehehehehe. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

xoxoxoBruce 11-18-2015 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the Paris terrorists, a cunt in a bomb vest, killed 7 year old Diesel. :mad:

Undertoad 11-20-2015 10:40 PM

ARE YOU OK?

http://cellar.org/2015/areyouok.gif