The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

Lola Bunny 11-03-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Winkle (Post 769979)
I posted an interesting video about a knifemaker to a knife forum I frequent. It had some mild profanity, and I noted that in the post.

24 hours later, and I notice it got removed. No notice. No warning. Just gone. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Really? A knife forum, where assumely men goes to, is offended with mild profanity? :eyebrow:

HungLikeJesus 11-03-2011 09:17 PM

Yeah - what do they say when they accidentally smash a finger or cut off a leg?

ZenGum 11-03-2011 09:23 PM

"TANG"

BigV 11-04-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 770022)
Yeah - what do they say when they accidentally smash a finger or cut off a leg?

Meh... I guess that's sharp enough.

monster 11-07-2011 03:18 PM

Thor. :mad:

Beest 11-07-2011 03:33 PM

:sigh::(

Clodfobble 11-07-2011 05:47 PM

I love it when someone else's kid deposits toxic diarrhea on my carpet.

monster 11-07-2011 08:13 PM

Thor did that too? Damn that kids gets around.

jimhelm 11-08-2011 07:02 PM

I'm kind of pissed about the deck I'm building.

Granted, it's taking forever...but dude knew that when I took the job... and yesterday, he had a buddy work on the decking. The guy did a shit job. he paid no attention to the pattern I had going, his joints suck, ...he even put 2 joints right next to each other so there is this glaring focal point that looks like shit... motherfucker.

after all that goddamned work, the part people will see looks like a 12 year old did it. I don't want to work on it anymore.

HungLikeJesus 11-08-2011 07:05 PM

I think you should go back and undo all that you've done.

monster 01-31-2012 12:32 PM

The asshole that pushed in front of me at the gas station and refused to admit he had done wrong or move and instead was all "jeeze you seem to be having a bad day" YES THE HELL I AM NOW CAUSE I JUST WAITED IN LINE FOR THIS PUMP AND NOW IT"S MY TURN YOU THINK IT"S FINE TO JUST BARGE IN THERE? I hope he rolls his Lexus and all his precious gas pours out.

infinite monkey 01-31-2012 12:43 PM

Oh ARGH! Hate it!

This weekend I stopped at McDs. There were some old folks in there with canes and walkers and stuff. I held doors, made sure they got in OK. Made sure they got to be next in line when it was their turn. When those cleared out, the lady on the right register still looked past me and asked another person (my age) if she could help them. Puh. So, I didn't get mad, but I left. Thinking...come on, we all share the earth here.

So I went to Bob's instead. In Bob's, an older manager was calling out a young waitress in front of everyone. I hung back and asked the girl if he always talked to them like that. The girl, near tears, said yes and a couple others nodded in agreement. I said "that's not right." The girl asked if I would tell the GM. Sure, bring them over.

GM lady came over and I explained that it isn't right to dress down an employee out front in front of customers (not my place to say how he talks to them in the back, but certainly angry snotty stuff shouldn't be in front, customers don't want to see that.)

The lady thanked me for bringing it to her attention. The waitress in question thanked me a few times, and said "someone stood up for ME" with tears in her eyes. Other waitresses thanked me.

My point being, people suck but if I hadn't been nudged out of line at McDs I wouldn't have been there to tell the GM what I thought about Mr Meanie. I was in a feisty mood!

Someday, karma will work the way it's supposed to. Sure. I'll keep dreaming.

ps On the same day I got a really nice email back from Verizon customer service, it was personalized so I know it wasn't a form letter, thanking me for thanking them, extolling the virtues of the girl I had complimented saying she was a valuable part of their team, etc. That made me feel good too. I know my message got through.

So...waiting on karma.

footfootfoot 01-31-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 791961)
The asshole that pushed in front of me at the gas station and refused to admit he had done wrong or move and instead was all "jeeze you seem to be having a bad day" YES THE HELL I AM NOW CAUSE I JUST WAITED IN LINE FOR THIS PUMP AND NOW IT"S MY TURN YOU THINK IT"S FINE TO JUST BARGE IN THERE? I hope he rolls his Lexus and all his precious gas pours out.

monster 01-31-2012 02:26 PM

OMG I was totally thinking that and made like I didn't give a shit as I drove past him and blocked him in while waiting for the next pump. i hope his dick drops off. assuming he has one

infinite monkey 01-31-2012 03:30 PM

My mom made that remark the other day "Face it girls, I'm older and I have more insurance."

monster, of course he doesn't have a dick. Guys like that act that way because they don't have a dick with enough substance to swing around, so they swing around their dickheadedness instead.

Loved that you blocked him in!