The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's For Breakfast? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23077)

Sundae 11-28-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 671830)
Egg casserole tomorrow for the road trip to Santa Claus Indiana. We leave bright an early at 6am.

Recipe for egg casserole please - that sounds YUMMY.

skysidhe 11-28-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecuracao (Post 696627)
I am most definitely having pancakes tomorrow morning. I had leftover chocolate mousse cake from a takeout container for this morning's breakfast, and it just didn't work out very well.

I do those kind of things. Have leftover cake for breakfast. Then regret it.:greenface

skysidhe 11-28-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 671830)
Egg casserole tomorrow for the road trip to Santa Claus Indiana. We leave bright an early at 6am.

Is that like a crustless quiche? I made one of those last week. mmm

wolf 11-28-2010 01:53 PM

Steel Cut Oats this morning, with second-breakfast of wheat bagel with hummus.

I really wanted waffles, though. Just didn't have the patience to get out the HelloKitty wafflemaker today, though.

Cloud 11-28-2010 03:03 PM

baked sour cream enchiladas (green) and sopaipillas today!

Gravdigr 11-29-2010 03:12 AM

What's for breakfast?

Gloom & despair, with a side of regret.

skysidhe 11-29-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 696949)
What's for breakfast?

Gloom & despair, with a side of regret.

aww, :(

monster 11-29-2010 09:26 PM

I didn't get no breakfast today. :( Stupid non-starting car. I made up for it with lunch, though :D

Pico and ME 11-29-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 696700)
Recipe for egg casserole please - that sounds YUMMY.

It is and I love it.

Ingredients:

1 pound breakfast sausage, browned and drained of fat

6 slices of bread, cubed - I use whole wheat.

6 eggs

2 cups milk

1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Salt and Pepper to taste (I don't usually need this)

In large bowl blend the eggs, milk and seasonings, then add the sausage, cheese and bread and toss until well mixed. Pour into a greased 9 x 12-inch casserole dish, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.

DanaC 11-30-2010 04:46 AM

I have half a pack of Border Biscuits 'toffee apple crumbles' left over from last night.

With a cup of strong sweet coffee.

Sundae 11-30-2010 06:32 AM

Pico, how does that come out?
Kinda... omlette-y?
You Americans sure love your eggs - I'm buying them like water to practice my cakes - three eggs per cake? Six eggs for breakfast? Blimey. Okay, I appreciate the above is not breakfast for one :)

Also - breakfast sausage. Wassat?
Just sausagemeat? Or patties (can't get here) or links - what we call sausage? Or maybe just ground (minced) seasoned pork... Hmmmm.

ETA - Youtube answered most of my questions, but I'd still like your (and other Dwellars) opinions.
It's more like what we would call a frittata or Spanish omelette - with differences of course. Our casseroles don't tend to be set. Looks yummy though, I might have to tweak it and offer it for brunch one day.

Dana - that sounds rubbish.
At least I had Rice Krispies.

Trilby 11-30-2010 08:50 AM

Sundae - that's what we call Sausage casserole and it's pretty yummy but RICH. the sausage is like ground pork...y'know? Only sausage. comes in a roll...? is this ringing a bell?

have it with fruit like cantelope slices or grapes or oranges. very good, filling and rich.

skysidhe 11-30-2010 11:43 AM

I am eating an English muffin and drinking coffee.

I think Americans love coffee more than eggs. Cold cereal would be at the top of the list? Toast?

I don't like heavy greasy rich meals so much so I've never had that sausage casserole.

IMO.The quiche is a better lighter version of an egg casserole. Brocolli or spinach and cheese. mmm

xoxoxoBruce 11-30-2010 11:45 AM

But real men don't eat quiche, so we go for the egg casserole. :haha:

skysidhe 11-30-2010 12:09 PM

You would eat it if I called it a baked omlette. You might get suspicious of the green vegetables though. I wonder if it would get the stink-eye.:eyebrow:?