The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

lookout123 02-18-2005 05:36 PM

I'm sure you've answered this in another thread, and i'm sure that those who came before already know... but which came first: The Cellar or the Undertoad?

BigV 02-18-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
Re-configure your pop-up blocker. Both those items open new windows.

Permit anything from cellar.org, you will never get burnt here.

AT LAST!

HALLELUJAH!!!

After having uninstalled the whole freakin browser, um, 20 times!, I finally learned that each time it came back from the dead the same brain damaged way.

/big sigh/

Anyway, I discovered that it uses some very persistent configuration files, namely user.js, prefs.js, and others. try typing about:config in your firefox browser. verrrrrrrrah eeeenteresting, and jes, eet steenks. Those settings stayed in place through all the uninstalls and restarts. I finally succeeded in getting what I wanted, a clean install, by renaming the Mozilla folder in the application data directory.

Yay!!

Thanks for your help.

:biggrinha

interesting
regular
lessthan big greaterthan
<big>
should be bigger

lessthan normal greaterthan

<normal>

should be normal

but ain't...

<small>
is it small?

well, normal really.

what other lessthan parameter greaterthan functions are there I wonder.

BigV 02-18-2005 07:08 PM

question regarding member list display

UT:

Why do some seemingly active member's last login date fail to display?

Thanks.

BigV 02-25-2005 02:04 PM

UT:

Did the "Seattle" thread started by Clodfobble begin in a different category? I think it was in Home Base and now is in Cities. Juuuuust curious. I was going to ask you to do that anyway.

I intended to start a thread like it and Clodfobble's question was a gift to carry on about my home town.

Thanks.

Undertoad 02-25-2005 03:13 PM

I dunno, I forget.

BrianR 03-02-2005 10:05 AM

UT? Is it possible to put a Next/Prev button at the top as well as the bottom of a page? This would make my browsing experience easier.
Brian

Clodfobble 03-02-2005 10:13 AM

Um... I do have a next/previous link at the top and bottom of every page of a thread. :confused:

BigV 03-02-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianR
UT? Is it possible to put a Next/Prev button at the top as well as the bottom of a page? This would make my browsing experience easier.
Brian

same here, would like, don't have, please.

tia

breakingnews 03-02-2005 05:55 PM

Quote:

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
WOW, I am penalized for having the ability to read and post with the utmost speed and agility. Earlier today a friend told me she got yelled at by a few co-workers for working too quickly. What's wrong with this world??? :smack: :blunt:

wolf 03-03-2005 01:34 AM

UT activated that feature when we had the attack of the annoying teenagers.

(I get caught by it a lot too. And the damn thing restarts the timer if you think 30 seconds is up earlier than it does)

breakingnews 03-03-2005 02:53 PM

Yeah, figured it was anti-spam/anti-lamer defense. But it totally cock-blocked me from posting an awesome awesome word in the word-association thread. I was pisssssed.

jaguar 03-03-2005 03:15 PM

.......that's a novel use of the term cock-blocked.

VisionarynWinKS 03-03-2005 05:04 PM

Jacquar/Duck arent you forgetting the Turtle?

Are you sure about that? Seems everyone is cloned these days.
It takes two baby. ;)

BigV 03-04-2005 11:50 AM

Editing problems.

1 Attachment(s)
UT:

When I am in the advanced editing text entry box, I am getting this error. It happens when I highlight text inside the box and then try to copy it to the clipboard. Right-clicking on the selected text doesn't offer Copy, so I try the little Copy icon at the top of the menu bar, and get this error message.

I would be delighted to edit my config files, but the question is what edit(s)? Do you know? Anybody?

Without this ability, I am reduced to composing in an offline editor and copying back and forth, which is unnecessarily tedious.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Undertoad 03-04-2005 01:04 PM

I don't know, but go into your user control panel, edit options, and turn off WYSIWIG editing. Just use "standard editor". That should fly.