The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

glatt 05-06-2011 03:26 PM

Just to be precise, it looks like you can attach images just fine.

Sundae 05-06-2011 03:26 PM

TinTin is Belgian anyway.
But in Foot's defence it was often used as a way to encourage children in grammer, because they absorbed it naturally while following the action in the pictures.

footfootfoot 05-06-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 731598)
Yeah, I don't know. My teachers must have wanted us to be at a level above, like, comics. :eyebrow:

Yeah, srsly. Why is that so weird? We had to converse and stuff.

That's like "Dude, you totally studied Spanish and you never watched Dora the Explorer? Srsly?"

;)

No, it totally isn't.
Tintin was well hardcore with histosry and shit. innit?

Sundae 05-06-2011 03:29 PM

You have until 22.00 (GMT)
About 30 mins.

If I do not have a number to call you on by then, you will not get a phone call.
You have been warned.

xxx

footfootfoot 05-06-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 731599)
Just to be precise, it looks like you can attach images just fine.

I'm all into Firefox now

infinite monkey 05-06-2011 03:39 PM

Well, perhaps by high school and college, they didn't think we needed little pictures.

Remember, this is America...we don't learn languages until your college-bound curriculum forces you to.

And quit being all smarty-pants culture man, foot. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I know a couple things. Or two.

Gravdigr 05-06-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 731603)
About 30 mins.

If I do not have a number to call you on by then, you will not get a phone call.
You have been warned.

xxx

She wasn't fuckin' around. My phone didn't ring.

Somebody better get that girl some digits.

Sundae 05-06-2011 04:23 PM

Cheeky. Shoulda gived me yours.
Watching clips on YouTube now and crying because no-one wanted to talk to me.

monster 05-06-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 731603)
About 30 mins.

You have been warned.

xxx

not BST?

is it 23:05 now? or 22:05? by the clock you are using. I'm all confused. It's 6 here so it's 11 there, I know that. But I see you still online!

monster 05-06-2011 05:05 PM

I only just got in from school, can't blame me.

DanaC 05-06-2011 06:04 PM

My mobile's fucked.

Tulip 05-06-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 731598)
Yeah, I don't know. My teachers must have wanted us to be at a level above, like, comics. :eyebrow:

Yeah, srsly. Why is that so weird? We had to converse and stuff.

That's like "Dude, you totally studied Spanish and you never watched Dora the Explorer? Srsly?"

;)

Hmm...it's cultural? I know Tin Tin. I would use comics in a language class. Infinite Monkey, did you learn French in college? Perhaps that's the reason why you weren't introduced to French comics. Come to think of it, I can't recall where I was introduced to Tin Tin.

Aliantha 05-06-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 731432)
Ali, please don't do that. Its seriously condescending. Dana has a quite righteous point there.

Yes that righteous point has been posted all over the place and by the time I read that post of Dana's I was simply trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Geez Pico, this is the second time you've said exactly the same thing to one of my posts and the second time the person I was responding to said they knew I was joking.

I don't make comments like that to people who I believe wouldn't get what my meaning was.

WTF is it ok for others to crack jokes here there and everywhere, but when I do it someone has to be offended???

eta: sorry for the tail post, but I was sleeping while this discussion was going on.

footfootfoot 05-06-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 731673)
Hmm...it's cultural? I know Tin Tin. I would use comics in a language class. Infinite Monkey, did you learn French in college? Perhaps that's the reason why you weren't introduced to French comics. Come to think of it, I can't recall where I was introduced to Tin Tin.

Probably from some totally cool, and with it person.

infinite monkey 05-06-2011 08:59 PM

Oh well. I must have dreamed two years of french in hs and two terms in college. I can't have done it, I don't know the cartoons.

Now are you oh so worldly ones done trying to point out my cultural ineptitude, or is Dudley Do-right on? I want to learn more about (aboot, I think?) Canadian culture.