View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #35
Flint
Snowflake

I'll quibble with your face, buster.

Observation, perspective: All signs indicate that when Republicans get in power, they aggressively push for a certain agenda, but when Democrats get back in power, for all the lamenting about how the Republican agenda was going to ruin the world, they don't push back equally as hard. It's like they're not trying to win. Or...? The doomsday talk (about what Republicans are doing) was more about 'making the opposition look bad', and less about 'what they were actually willing to do about it'.

From this angle, it looks pretty similar to when the Republicans spent 8 years complaining about Obamacare, but actually had no plan whatsoever for healthcare. Like, all the doomsday talk about Democrats was about 'making the opposition look bad'. I say we disregard anything either one of them says about the other, unless they have a record of actually addressing that issue with equal intensity as their opponent did.

After applying the 'doomsday filter' --the issues that both parties fail at are the most legitimate issues. Unfortunately, this is a useless exercise, because there's only two parties, and the deluge of money pouring into politics ensures there will always only be two parties, endlessly quibbling about symbolic issues while the fundamental problems with our civilization go unaddressed.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote