View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #143
anonymous
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
ouch. I won't be sending Thoughts and Prayers your way, but I will be thinking about you.
Thanks. If you could make a few paeans to the sleep fairy, that would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
I am gobsmacked.

Perhaps that accounts for my inability to place you. Or, more likely, you overestimated my capacity. You do seem to give me credit for knowing you, so I'll rest on that.

W.T.F.F.

I hope everything turns out ok. jfc.
Perhaps you're unable to place me because you can't possibly imagine that this sort of thing happens to people you know very well and consider to be good, even excellent parents? It's a straight-up mental health case, of course. He had absolutely no access to weapons, and did indeed make a cry for help. But the obsessions and sociopathic thoughts had apparently been fomenting for years, and even amidst sobs in the ER he openly prided himself on how well he'd hidden his inner monologue from everyone. We're very, very proud of him for doing the right thing and reaching out, but at the same time I don't think he really understands what he's put in motion. I'm not entirely sure he ever gets to go back to school, though as far as they know right now he's just taking a few sick days. Given his admitted ability to manipulate adults with ease, I don't know that appearing stable will be enough to let him out. What I do know is that his mother is freaking the fuck out, and he's refusing to see her, and I think he intends to request to come live with us instead when he does get out. Which will be a hard call to make, given the other children in the house. Very hard to imagine a good outcome from all this.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote