View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
When I think of topic based American book series, Time Life (which began publishing them in 1961) comes to mind. You can check out the listing of Book series in the Wikipedia article to see if any titles ring a bell. I still have the LIFE Library of Photography referenced there. I think they published both hardcover and softcover series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
National Geographic Kids started in 1975.

Ranger Rick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
The American Heritage Junior Library was a subscription series like you describe. It's hard to imagine it being a surprise to you later in life that "American Heritage" was printed by an American publisher, but not all the books said "American Heritage" prominently on the cover.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure those were all hardbacks. Not to force you to admit your age, but what decade are we looking at?
First of all, please forgive my tardiness in replying but my PC had an almighty crash while viewing the Mars Rover video elsewhere on the site. All is now well.

Thank you everyone for the time and trouble you have all gone to.

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions has borne fruit but I still live in hope of finding the series by one means or another.

I only became aware of the books being an American publication when I read a web article about them a few years ago.

To the best of my recollection there was no mention of that on the cover or in the title.

Lastly....

Showing my age now, it would have been the second half of the sixties when they were about.

Last edited by Carruthers; 09-08-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote