View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #146
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I like it.

I talked to a couple guitar people and watched a couple more videos on bridge placement in my down time today, and I do need to fix that distance issue. There are a couple ways to correct it.

I could get longer screws for the saddles so they reach out farther. I could cut further into the body where the neck fits in. I could shorten the neck under the finger board.

The latter is what I'm planning to do. I looked at a few pics of guitars, and the fret board over hang is longer than what I have by a good 1/4", so it shouldn't even look weird. The high E needs to be 25.5" from nut to the break over point on the saddle with that saddle 1/8" from locked down in order to give the best intonation. I may have to be a bit further out with the saddle, but it should serve. Friday evening when I return from visiting Spencer, I'll get to it.

Then I think I need to poke holes in the head stock for the tuners. I need them installed in order to center the bridge before I drill holes in the body to mount the posts. Next Sunday, I'm going to visit Pete and get a fret install lesson.

Weeeeeee!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote