View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #12067
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Today, I'm happy to be alive. Honestly felt like I was dying yesterday.

On January 26, after two days in the DR, I began feeling cold symptoms; scratchy throat, primarily. After two or three days, that turned into chest congestion. Another two or three days and it moved to my sinuses. That rotation has been going on ever since. Symptoms have been mild but ongoing for two solid weeks.

Yesterday, I woke up in a coma, or damned close to it. Full-on flu symptoms, complete with a splitting headache, chest congestion and heavy coughing, a chill that I simply could not quell, massive body aches, and utter exhaustion/fatigue. I managed to get out of bed and move to the sofa in front of the TV, where I stayed the entire day. Got up only to drink fluids, or soak in the tub trying to stop the chills.

This morning, the headache and chills are gone, body aches are nearly gone, but the cough persists, and of course, I'm weak as a newborn pup. BUT, I think I'm going to live, and for that I am happy.

I'll be seeing the doctor Monday afternoon. I set up the appointment on Friday because the never-ending cold was really worrying me. Now this weird one-day flu thing.

I'm convinced I contracted some sort of tropical cootie sickness that just won't stop. I'll be asking for a complete blood panel and whatever else is needed to look into that. Updates as they become available.

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote