View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Supreme Court Limits Police Powers to Seize Private Property

SCOTUS has decided but this will probably not stop CF because it's so profitable.

“People are still going to lose their property without being convicted of a crime, they’re still going to have their property seized,” Mr. Hottot said. “The new thing is that they can now say at the end of it all, whether I’m guilty or not, I can argue that it was excessive.”

Justice Department reverses Eric Holder policy on civil asset forfeiture

What I'm most concerned with is people "suspected" of criminal activity. Not a conviction or possibly not even any substantial evidence. Cops see your property. They suspect collusion. Cops freeze or confiscate your property.

Game over.

Unless you have a half a billion bucks to hire lawyers that will back stab you when under extreme pressure from the Man, AND THEN have the audacity of sending an emissary to beg for a pardon after completely FABRICATING testimony against you.

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday rolled out a new civil asset forfeiture policy aimed at expanding law enforcement's ability to seize property from people suspected of criminal activity."

I wish someone would put these a-holes' feet to the fire on this.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote