View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #1775
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
@ slang is that the high ground that had an Indian Castle on it in pre-Revolutionary times?
There's nothing specific to an Indian Castle that I could find. Maybe "little" round top as Gettysburg? There is a castle there.

They are different, yes. No, I don't think you're a dumbass

That's how I handle people that mix-match answers to my questions that don't fit.

slang: You think I don't know the difference between apples and oranges. I said I was looking for something on apples. You bring me oranges?

Anyway.

Maybe instead of a castle on round top park, Sullivan's march in 1779? And Fort Sullivan?

"Led by Major General John Sullivan and Brigadier General James Clinton, the expedition was conducted during the summer of 1779, beginning June 18 when the army marched from Easton, Pennsylvania, to October 3 when it abandoned Fort Sullivan, built at Tioga, to return to George Washington's main camp in New Jersey. While the campaign had only one major battle, at Newtown (since the tribes evacuated ahead of the large military force) along the Chemung River in western New York, the expedition severely damaged the Iroquois nations' economies by burning their crops, villages, and chattels, thus ruining the Iroquois technological infrastructure. With the Amerindians' shelter gone and food supplies destroyed, thereafter the strength of the Iroquois Confederacy was broken. The death toll from exposure and starvation dwarfed the casualties received in the Battle of Newtown, in which about 1,000 Iroquois and Loyalists were decisively defeated by an army of 3,200 Continental soldiers."

And this link about Fort Sullivan

"We took our time stopping to read the monuments and reflecting at the sacrifices the soldiers made for our freedom. The Fort was large and encompassed a large area of the neighborhood, including many private properties where private homes sit today."

Attached Images

slang is offline   Reply With Quote