Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #4059
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Oh, those words have been marked for decades.

And it doesn't happen. Hasn't happened. Isn't going to. Can't happen. But you do have to be au courant with the world to realize that.

That exact attitude was taken among those ignorant of arms and men when Florida liberalized concealed carry two decades ago or so. And now half of Florida is dead and the other half in jail... right? Only the sound of the wind is heard in Miami?

I'm clever enough to know arms, and to know not to bow to a false god, nor to hew to the articles of false faith. Grave, do you have anything that could possibly be an excuse?

There are psychiatrists willing to postulate things like "free-floating rage," and other maladjustments.
Ah, the old UG is back. His core belief to which he clings is "I am smart and you are not". It is his gun *and* his bible. UG: "You are wrong because I'm clever... what is your excuse for your stupidity again?" He gave us a little flourish on this one by hastily generalizing Grav's argument to include all of Florida--lorem ipsum non factor--Florida man lives therefore Grav's dum.

Gravdigr is *not dumb* (nor is UG, he is merely willfully ignorant and stubbornly and petulantly unwilling, not unable, to accept the truth about guns and their role in and affect on our society). His point is well taken. There are many examples of people being shot by shooters who were not in danger but merely afraid. Florida has many examples like this, Trayvon Martin is one of the poster children. It is sad. It is tragic. It is reduceable, if not preventable. But that requires the kind of dialog UG stupidly refuses to have. Making it easier to have more guns reduces the margin for error to dangerous, mortally dangerous levels.

Fearful people plus guns equals an increased chance someone's going to get shot. I don't believe increasing those chances makes anyone safer.